End of an era - Waltons will close March 2020

After many years providing an excellent service Mr Walton Jr of Walton's model shop in Altrincham is retiring in March 2020. Lots of people want to run it (it is a successful business) but no one wants to stump up for the stock. Personally I prefer bricks and mortar to on-line guess and wait style shopping.

Cheers

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

I remember that one - I used it regularly when I got back into model railways after buying my first house more than 40 years ago, and until I emigrated thirty years ago.

ISTR it was the same business as the bicycle shop next door.

I hope he has a long and happy retirement.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee