Track and Couplings (N Gauge) query

Okay, after a long absence I'm doing model railways again (actually my end is really more toy trains than model railways).
My interest was rekindled by helping a chap set up - Starting with a small (4x2) N Gauge layout.
As its a starter exercise its a roundy-roundy double oval with a goods yard (he didn't want a hidden fiddle yard. I did offer him some of my old Flei schmann stuff but the 8 inch radius curves means it would only ever run con tinental stock
I gave him a track plan and 'back story' for that a while ago (If you skip to the end you will see the resulting plan, based on what I had to hand) . . .
http://www.mike.da2c.org/igg/GGFR/ggfr.pdf
4'10" was 'too long' so its all set track with a min radius of 9" and a pai r of the new Peco set-track curved points used to provide a cross-over on t he curve at one end. This is the track plan (but the cattle siding is now g oing to be a canal as I found my old Langley canal boats) . . .
http://www.mike.da2c.org/igg/GGFR/ian-4x2-and-a-bit.png
Anyone had any issues with those curved points?
The stock I have loaned him is all my 20+ year old Peco and Farish with the Rapido couplers from the old Tickling on Sea to Tethers End light railway of some 15 years past. Personally I now fancy a US outline shelf layout bas ed on the various 'high lines' in the US to do a little shunting and play a round with DCC and sound.
The yanks use the knuckle coupler with delayed uncoupling and Dapol now sel l something that looks very similar.
Has anyone any experience of fitting the Dapol couplers to older Rapido or Peco easy-lift equipped stock?
If that works I might consider a UK outline docks layout
Anyway, if anyone reads this I would appreciate any feedback on Peco curved points, Dapol couplers on older stock and US Ountline N Scale DCC sound
Cheers
Mike