Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Miller Trailblazer 55G?
I have committed myself to buying a Miller Trailblazer 55G Ebay # 290225426866 Winning bidder never paid or picked it up. I was in the owners shop the other day, and he mentioned this..so I said if it...

Gas lens questions
--After much travail, sputtering whooshing and other misdemeanors I finally traced my welding problem down to a plugged-up gas lens. Once replaced everything went smoothly. Now the question: can I use...
3
3

Welding Consumable
The WPS for a heather changers bult with AISI SAE 516 gr 70 was approved with the followings materials: Base Metal A106 gr B, ultimate Strength 60 psi. Process SMAW. Welding Consumable: first pass,...

Oxy-Acetylene tanks and regulator questions
Hi all - we acquired another oxy-acetylene rig at an auction this weekend and now I have a couple of dumb questions about it. The newly acquired set has larger bottles than our existing one and what...

Request for Private
I would like to ask you a question off-line. If you don't mind, please send me an email. This is my email address after ROT-13: snipped-for-privacy@yvir.pbz Thanks

alternatives to wire cup brushes
I'm talking about the fine, thin wire cup brushes not the ones with the twisted heavy gauge wire. I was using one of the 3" cup brushes I got from Harbor Freight the other day and was disappointed how...
3
3

Gas welding aluminum filters
Anyone have experience with goggles, specifically; Didymium Vs. cobalt Vs. Tin Man's specials? Kent sure wants a lot of money for his lenses. Will brazing fluxes work for aluminum?
3
3

How much current through 1/8" pure tungsten electrode with AC
If I was to use pure tungsten electrode, 1/8" specifically, with AC set to mostly penetration, how much current can it handle?
4
4

Painted a Wilton machinist vise, maybe it is nuts.
is a Wilton 500S machinist vise. (500S means 5 inch jaw, Swivel base). The vise is a work of art in itself. While it did not look too bad to begin with, I decided to replaint it. I first thoroughly...
29
29

is this mig a good deal?
on E BAY lincoln 175 hd, $419. ? here is item # 230256536025 TIA
1
1

Victor Medalist HRF 1400 flowmeter (threading)
I received that Victor Medalist 1400 flowmeter, and it appears to be in good shape. However, it has some sort of a weird thread, maybe 9/16-18 or some such. Could someone clarify what thread is common...
4
4

Guide to selecting a MIG Welder
http://snipr.com/MIGwelder

Q Where can I learn arc welding in Brisbane Australia? Class OR Cash to someone for a few hours ?
Q Where can I learn arc welding in Brisbane Australia? Class OR Cash to someone for a few hours ? I want to learn arc welding, basic fabrication with steel but can't find a class that is outside...
1
1

How to get NG's on Mozilla/Thunderbird
Greetings all, Subject says it all, how can I get my Newsgroups in Mozilla Thunderbird? I had to dump OE, too much trouble blocking spam e-mail, but I can not figure out how to get my NG's. Any and...
5
5

using a DC motor as a generator, for an AC motor-driven DC welder (pix posted)
ol' bubba here wants to build a nice cheap DC welder, preferably that outputs "pure DC" (not rectified AC). Lincoln used to make such machines, essentially an AC motor driving a DC generator head....
14
14