Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

old welding rod
A friend of mine is giving me a Lincoln "tombstone" arc welder that has been sitting in his garage for 15+ years (it needs the fan repaired). He also gave me several boxes of welding rod of the same...
3
3

mig wire and tips - easy ?
I see MIG wire that says 0.032 inch diameter and contact tips that are also 0.032. Are the 0.032 tips made to slide 0.032 inch diameter wire through, or do I need to get larger tips?
9
9

Hobart Hefty wire feed
I recently acquired a HOBART HEFTY wire feed suitcase. It seems to be meant for fluxcore only. It actually works. It is CC/CV wire feed. Does anyone know if spare parts for it are completely...
3
3

Ready Welder?
Has anyone ever purchased or used a Ready Welder? these good units? Their website says lots of good things about them, but anyone can create a website. http://www.readywelder.com/
45
45

Silver brazing
I was watching the HVAC gut install a new AC unit the other day and he was silver brazing the pipes without using any flux. Is this OK?
6
6

Plasma Cutter
I have a recently purchased 40 amp plasma cutter and have some questions. Most of my day to day cutting is 1/8" - 1/4" mild steel and as this stuff will all be welded I'm trying to get the cleanest...
2
2

F/S ARC welder
chicago electric ARC 140 $100
1
1

ok, got good suggestions for good rod, now....
whats the hardest thing to weld with an AC arc welder? I'd like to try something challenging to help find any poor habits i might be picking up, and i figure that the bad habits will show themselves...
4
4

WP-9 Gas Cooled TIG Torch
Hello Am going to work part time for a company that make small Stainless Steel parts , looked at the welding area and TIG Torch that they have been using is a little smaller than a ball bat , over the...
5
5

Welding Supervisor
Hi, I'm currently doing a welding supervisors certificate(Structural) in Australia. I have studied like I have never studied before for this upcoming exam, I am hoping somebody out there has done this...
5
5

Inverter welder rocks the house
I've got a tiny Lincoln Invertec V100-S welder as a backup unit for my house, and I am having problems with it. The documentation says it requires a 20 Amp 110V circuit, and it has a 100 Amp output...
13
13

Ping Gunner
I sent an e-mail, but I'm not sure it made it through. I got the plans in for the power hammer finally. Do you have time to check out the pile of air cylinders? If not, that is fine, it looks like I...

Welding 1.6mm square tube.
I'm a carpenter and I used to get my gate frames made by a friend who has moved away, so I decided that I would make them myself. I've had an arc welder for a while and while I'm no expert I'm...
19
19

Interesting failure mode...
--Had to do some silver soldering the other day so I got out my nifty little air-acetylene torch. Trouble started when I couldn't get it to ignite, despite nice shower of sparks from the sparker....
3
3

bonding Ti with Al
Please help me. I am trying to find an idea to bond pure Titanium with pure Aluminum. Anybody knows how to remove the oxide that prevent the joint and what kind of interlayer that should be used?..
3
3