Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

PTig Welders need in Louisiana-$37.50 hour
Effective Monday 05.28.07 NGSS-Avondale pay for TIG Pipe Welders will be as follows: $20.00 Taxable pay ST, $30.00 OT*, $40.00 DT** $57.50 per day per Diem $117.50 per day Pipe Welder Supplemental...

Hypertherm Max20
I have a Hypertherm Max20 plasma cutter that has fried 2 resistors on it's circut board and I need to know what their value is to replace them. The resistors are R25 and R26 on the main PCB marked...
1
1

Need help ID-ing steel bar (is is weldable)
I bought two identical 0.5x4x36" steel bars from "the worst seller on eBay", a.k.a. Bargainland-liquidation. are the pictures of one of the bars: bars are very rectangular, have sharp straight corners...
25
25

hand-held electric drill for bigger drills in steel
You want this one: Too small? :-)) Nick
22
22

Frequency Control
Hi, I have a question, I don't know if this is the right place to ask.... I want to be able to control the frequency coming out of my car battery. Nice and simple. I saw one a while back, don't know...
26
26

Plasma Cutter
I recently bought a Chinese 40 amp. plasma cutter. The "manual" is pretty rudimentary. I have never owned a plasma cutter and I have a couple of questions about operating one. The manual specified air...
13
13

Understanding Gauges
How do I interpret something's gauge thickness? I want to know what my supplier is talking about on the phone whenever he blurts out a gauge thickness to me. Is 16-gauge the same as 1/16-inch thick?...
10
10

Chicago Electric TIG welder,.. pros and cons?
Harbor Freight item 91811-5RVH 220V, 130TIG/90 arc welder inverter, $260. I may need something for welding ss boat railings of 1" hollow tube with 1/16th in wall and maybe some aluminum fittings. I...
5
5

Thin mild steel arc welding
I am becoming acquainted with the complexity of welding thin mild steel with a rod/arc welder; the main problem being burn through. I have read some where that putting an aluminium bar under the joint...
3
3

Beginner question re hobby welder
Forgive me if this has already been covered. Just bought a Lincoln 135. Would like to use it as a MIG welder when appropriate but don't want to swap the inner shield between modes. I understand the...
2
2

Weldment rust protection query
On a chassis weldment, mild steel, Mig'd or Arc'd. For corrosion protection - rain, snow, mud, road cruft kicked up type wear n tear. Any comments or suggestions on Rustoleum "Cold Galvanizing" spray...
3
3

Size of rod vs thickness of material
Awl-- Both butt and fillet welds: 16 ga (1/16"), 1/8", 1/4", over 1/4? For 16 ga, I'll use 1/16 rod For 1/8 mat'l, 3/32 rod 1/4 mat'l: 1/8 rod Over 1/4: rarely weld this, but just use the heaviest I...
2
2

Decent Welding Rod??
Awl-- Whazzup w/ all the lousy rod I been getting? Was grooving along just fine w/ my age-old pile of semi-no-name rod, finally ran out of 60xx 3/32, and local welding supplier didn't have any! Got...
19
19

Calibration table
I will need to calibrate a Miller Maxstar-300DX; How can I do it? Thanks in advance for your kind collaboration Jesc

More welding video's
This time on arc welding. Arcwelding1.avi 419 MB posted 9th May Arcwelding2.avi 435.MB posted 10th May (also Migweldind.avi 428 MB posted 18th May) in May be of interest to some
5
5