Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Descaling and passivating SS
Couldn't seem to find anything that directly addressed this issue on Google. So maybe somebody here can advise me. I'm making small items of stainless steel for costume accessories. I have to heat the...
8
8

Rant: Addicted to 1/16 Rod!
I thought that when I got the forney with the higher current capabilities, that I would be able to start using larger welding rod sizes and get away from that expensive 1/16 rod. But it seems with the...
13
13

verticore / smoothcore 711 experience?
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has experience with either one of these wires? the 711 smoothcore is a dual shield wire from what i understand (flux cored with a chielding gas also) and is designed...
3
3

balling tungsten electrodes for AC
I was taught to ball TIG electrodes by connecting the machine DCEP and using a block of copper. Can a block of brass or bronze be used similarly, or does it have to be metallic copper? Grant
3
3

adding a slave 110V AC outlet to a TIG welder
I have a Lincoln Precision TIG machine. It's a basic little TIG welder and works fine. I want to hook up a water cooled torch, and I like the machines that have a switched 110V outlet you can plug the...
9
9

Dutch Oven Table
I like to cook in my Dutch oven. Last night, I did a boneless pork sirloin roast with vegetables and gravy. It was great. I don't like bending over. So, I want to build a table where I can do all this...
2
2

Trying wire feed welding, need some tips
I have no experience with MIG or wire welding. I recently acquired a Lincoln LN-25 wire feeder. It has some quantity of 5/64" flux core welding wire. I would like to know if I can try to use that wire...
8
8

Stainless for boats
Probably could look it up somewhere but might as well go to the horses mouth, what is the grade of stainless that is best for the marine environment? 308, 314...?
5
5

OT: John Stassel on GUNS
1
1

Rumors of my death ........
have been seriously exaggerated. Had my angiogram yesterday. Totally awake, I think the happy juice didn't work, or they gave me saline by mistake. Watched on a big screen, and was talking to anyone...
26
26

fire 'pit' table plans?
Hey Folks, After my mom returned two different fire 'pit' patio tables to the store she bought them from, i signed my brother and i up to building her one. We're both rookies, but have been looking...
1
1

Metal core wire/FabCor 86R Question
Greetings all, Anyone know anything about this product? I ran across it in an article on Millers website, kinda sounds like a contradiction of terms though. It promises smokeless and slagless welds,...
4
4

FrameSolver 2D
FrameSolver 2D for Windows is the easiest and the quickest way to model and analyze planar frames, trusses, and multi span beams. For more information: .

Help with a problem.
I may be buy a 27 foot I-beam. I only have a 12 foot trailer. Any frugal ideas? Thanks b
33
33

Helium & stainless ?
My MIG book says to use Argon when welding stainless. I'm wondering if one could use Helium to weld stainless, for none structural welds? I seldom have much stainless welding, but I would like to keep...
9
9