Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

the verdict on TIG?
Hi all, Have been thinking for quite some time about buying a TIG machine for home and possibly commercial use. This machine would initially be for me to brush up my skills, then once up to scratch i...
4
4

Oil, sweat, and rigs
Anyone been watching these programs? I spent about eight years offshore, and I love watching them. Tonight, they had some good footage on welders installing some new anchors on a floater. The other...
2
2

What is the easiest and best way to measure stair railing?
I have measured a couple of stair railings but never had to build one, (I don't think they liked my price! My theory was if I could create a triangle by measuring across and down, I could snap it out...
1
1

defribulator/pacemaker
Doc said he gonna implant a defribulator and is concerned about me welding have any experience with defribulator/pacemaker problems from welding?
7
7

new to mig welding
down under. Ihave just purchased a MAG MATE PRO 180 mig welder,but previous to this i used the cheap gasless welders of which i was fairly proficiant with, but with this new welder all has to be set...
8
8

Gas Cylinder Dimensions
We are building a number of different welding carts and are looking for the dimensions of the gas cylinders needed for the different processes. I am interested in the gas cylinders used in MIG and TIG...
5
5

San Diego Welding Technology
Hello Group, I wanted to invite you over to view my Yahoo Group, San Diego Welding Technology. I try to post links that might be of interest to the welding community.I try to cover a variety of topics...

Mitech Plasma cutter
Has anybody had much experience with the Mitech 40 Amp plasma cutter?. I know they are imported from China and hardly in the same league as Miller or Lincoln, but they are cheap. They come with a 1 yr...

Plasma torch questions
I'm getting closer to purchasing a HyperTherm 1000 setup. I have noticed they're quoted with hand torch and machine torch. Would the machine torch be the straight one that would be used with a CNC...
5
5

what's everyone's favorite angle grinder these days?
We haven't had this discussion in awhile. I've had 2 of my angle grinders die lately, although I was able to get one of them running again. But it ain't a-gonna last long. I've been out of the loop...
19
19

HO
It is a pain in the ass cross poster.
1
1

SA-200
case anyone might be interested. I have no knowledge of this welder or seller. Just passing on information. http://denver.craigslist.org/tls/318050059.html
2
2

Ping - Rob Frazer
Rob, My 17 year old son is evolving as a motor head. He has an engine concept in his mind that he's just dying to discuss with somebody. I was telling him about you. Would you be willing to email me?...
4
4

Using my Dumb Question A Month Coupon ...........
I have a Lincoln SP 175+ wirefeed. I only use gas shielded wire. I want to go buy a roll of general purpose FCAW wire. I believe IIRC, the rollers will handle up to .035" wire. I like buying the 10#...
7
7

How's the mill Iggy?
I sold it to a local respected member of with whom we are in very friendly relations (last year, he showed me how to use a plasma cutter etc). I even made him a primitive phase converter from a 2 HP...
5
5