Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

WIDRTFM
I wrote in and asked about welding with .025 wire. I was having some problems. Today, I put on my contacts and cheaters, and tried it again. But this time, I looked at the chart for this wire. I found...
2
2

What's up with this?
I have a Lincoln SP 175+ wirefeed welder. I like it a lot. BUT, I have a problem running the smaller wire. .025 or .023 IIRC (I'm too lazy right now to run out to the shop and look) Recently, I ran...
11
11

Airco Heliweld V 250 -simple wireing request
I know some of you have this welder and I need to know what the input power jumper setup is supposed to be, for 240 volts. This one Im trying to get going, only has a single jumper, and I suspect its...
6
6

Store / Shop / Warehouse space available in Edmonton
Hello Group, If your business is looking to expand into the Edmonton area. I have Store / Shop / Warehouse space available at 8521 Argyll road in Edmonton that would be ideal for a Retail Business...

Rod won't melt
I bought a $20 simple welder. It uses propane/butane gas. The operating instruction sheet says "flame temperature up to 1460 C and working temperature up to 650 C". I tried to melt a flux filled...
32
32

Military school
Just wanted to ask if anyone has ever been to the Metal Worker School, MOS 44B, at Aberdeen, MD. while in the Military. I have a son that just got there and will be starting soon. He worked with me...
3
3

TIG Alminum Filler Rod
I am seeking to purchase a small quantity (a few sticks up to one pound) of aluminum filler rod of either ER2319 and/or R4145 alloy. This appears to be the closest match for diecast alloys, but is...

anybody do anything with copper?
I am interested in buying some sheets of copper and making some fountain creations. I would have to cut and shape copper, and join some seams. Would the best way be to solder them? Is there a special...
2
2

Small Sandblaster cabinets
I have been doing some horseshoe work with old shoes, I was useing a heavy wire wheel to clean, {Time consuming, and not all the crap would come off} I tryed moradic acid, {still time concuming...
14
14

steel+copper
hei! I need some advice about selection of proper welding method... I want to weld a copper of 8 mm thickness on steel (S235JRG2) of 18 mm thickness... Is it OK for using TIG method for root weld? Any...
9
9

anybody need a Western inert gas quickchange fitting set?
I bought a box of these off ebay and am offering my surplus. I have several Western Enterprises QDB33 regulator-to-hose quickchange coupler sets. See some info at see more info in the PDF file -...

Inductive heating
Anyone here played around with these inductive heating units? At work we have a rental Miller. It seems to work very well once set up on round objects. Has anyone used inductive heating for plate??...

Is TIG an inherently "low-hydrogen" process?
Is TIG an inherently "low-hydrogen" process? --zeb
6
6

New source for tools and welding supplies in the Charlotte, NC area
A couple of months ago a friend told me about a company that wanted some work done on their Web site so I visited them to see what they needed. Turns out they're a fairly large surplus dealer located...
11
11

Homemade mini anvil
This is a mini anvil that was obtained by welding a rectangular piece of 4140 steel to a mini railroad rail. I needed it for straightening some stuff. Welded with 1/8" 6013 electrodes at about 150...
28
28