Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

size of base metal for welder qualification?
size of base metal for aws d1.3 joint design 3.2b(lap)? size of pipe and base metal for aws d1.1 joint design fillet?

stick problem; the first 1" of the weld....
Hello. I've got a problem. For a few months now I'm taking a welding class (stick & TIG). My problem is with stick. I don't think the problem is in striking the arc (I tap), I can maintain a stable...
12
12

FS: Miller 330AB/P
Is anyone interested in a Miller 330AB/P for $750/BO? Located in SE MN. (Rochester area) It has a water cooled torch(and of course water cooler) to go with it. On a full cart. It's a solid machine,...
1
1

best procedure for MIG welding a butt joint in square tube so it's STRAIGHT
I'm having a heck of a time. I made up a railing to the design and woops the design was too long. To fix it, I have to cut 3" out of it in each of 4 places and weld it back together, the end to be...
10
10

Welding Cert. Recognition Question
Greetings all, Anyone here know what type of certifications Canada will recognize? We are "certified" at work, but I don't have the paper work here to see if it is an AWS cert. IF it is, will CWS...
7
7

Re: welding sockets
[That "masters" weld was TIGed] Iggy, why do you try so hard to look like a pro and at the same time tell shit like no other? You used no filler rod (as you stated somewhere else), so do didn't have a...
1
1

welder qualifications
I recently received my CWI certification and my employer( a welding supply company) wants me to do welder qualifications. I have very little experience and am not sure what paperwork I need to do for...
5
5

thickness range qualified as per ASME IX
Suppose that a pqr is 13 mm thickness having combinition of two processes i.e GTAW & SMAW. What will be the minimum thickness qualified when peparing a wps for GTAW form this pqr. We are using ASME...

Scrapyard in the western suburbs of Chicago
Anybody know of a good place to buy scrap steel near the western suburbs of Chicago? I just got a welder and am looking mostly for stuff to practice with so I don't mind mystery metal. Thanks

Using ceramic backing tape on sub acr?
Specifically- when doing single pass butt welds (3/16--1/4) is there supposed to be a gap left when putting the tape on? I was experimenting with some 3/16 strips today and a 1/16 gap between my...
1
1

Funny end of the story: My new spreader beam plan (visited steel yard)
ROTFLMAO, I realized that I already have a load leveler, a military surplus leveler for engines. did not know what it was when I made a pullup bar from it. I looked at it and finally realized what it...
21
21

Waverrunner holder design?
Hi, I am a welder of 26 years. I had seen webpage that showed a dual waverunner holder that would carry them over the roof of my truck. I am using a Dodge 1 ton dually stretch cab and am pulling a...

how do i choose a plasma welder?
Hi there, i was just wondering what i should be looking at when purchasing a plasma welder/cutter?? Is there specific things i should look at? I want to purchase one for my son, he already has...
2
2

REQ: price for Thermal Arc 200 & 300
Can anyone give me the list price for the Thermal Arc Arc Master 200A and 300A TIG welding machines and some idea of a good street price? Thanks
1
1

Thermal Arc Pro-Wave vs. Arc Master?
OK, so I apparanantly waited way too long to buy a Pro-Wave 185 on eBay ($1800) and now for some unknown reason the replacement welder (Arc-Master) is $2500. Didn't Thermal Arc know they had the AC/DC...