Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Miller 200?
A welding supplier in So. Cal. has a Miller 200 for sale for $600. It apparently has been checked by their techs and is in good operating condition. Is this a fair or good price? Im needing to replace...
2
2

from harbor freight to the other extreme
I posted a few days back about getting the little harbor freight tig, and what fun I was having running beads. I was hoping the cheap machine would cure the 'tig fever' I had for a nice machine.......
7
7

Millermatic 250 ?
Someone I know has a Millermatic 250 for sale with no bottle and no spoolgun. It looks like fair condition. From past Ebay sales, $1000 or $1100 looks like about the going price. Does anybody have any...
2
2

Miller Synchrowave 300 vs Lincoln Idealarc 300
I have an older (60's) Idealarc 300 that works fine though I find it leaves the welds in aluminium some what contaminated. If I trade it for an 1985 vintage Synchrowave 300 will I see a big...
1
1

Welding 316, 304 stainless with 411 filler rod
I have a few pieces of 304, 316 stainless steel that I need to weld together to make a truck bed extension. I also have 411 (IIRC) filler rod. My question is, can these materialsbe safely joined by...
6
6

Big Vise Repair
Hello All: I've picked up a large old Columbia vise that is cracked paralell to where the steel jaws meet the cast (?) iron arms of the vise. It apears to have been brazed at that point, but the braze...
9
9

Cold Saw Question
I saw a massive Hitachi miter saw in a pawn shop yesterday for $100. It was 3340 rpm, and I thought that fast for a cold saw. So, I passed. When I got home, I discovered that real cold saws have a...
10
10

AWS D1.1 Books
How you folks doin?? I'm looking for an AWS D1.1 newer than 2002. I need to pass my LA certification and the one I have is too old to be of any use. Special ED
1
1

Welding after cataract surgery?
I've started a job where I am being trained as a welder. In the past I have done some welding and didn't have any trouble seeing while I welded with the correct lens. Now I'm having trouble with a #10...
6
6

This welder does it all -Heatin anda Beatin Welding Service
I just had to share this. Great Radio ad for a welder in Alabama. -Mike http://www.royalcrossfarm.com/SOUNDS/WelderforHire.wma
2
2

Paging Ernie L. - roller bender questions
Ernie, I'm in the middle of building the roller tubing bender you designed and have shown on your web page. One of the roller sets I want to build is for bending two inch round tubing (although the...
2
2

latest tig machine pics..no biggie
I scrounged up an Airco Tig ..did some labor as a trade out. Its a rebadged Miller Dialarc 250HF. Works fine. No stand..it was on a pallet, so Sunday I kicked out a simple tig stand, with room under...
3
3

Job Openings at Twin Manufacturing
Hello all! I did get permission to post a welding opening, and I hope I didn't stretch that permission too great by posting all company openings. It's an interesting group that you have here, I could...

aluminum ship repair welding?
I have been asked to bid a job where I'd have to fabricate a simple handrail of 6061 aluminum and weld it to a guy's boat. This boat is too big to trailer to a shop, well, not in any practical way...
4
4

building a chop saw out of an angle grinder?
anyone try this? I was thinking that it might help in making some square cuts in angle. should be fairly easy to make.
10
10