Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Interesting News Item
http://www.stratfordbeaconherald.com/news/feature.html
11
11

Advice on buying a welder
I have limited experience with "stick" welding. I have 220 Volts 50 Amps available. Having no TIG or MIG experience, I think a decent used stick machine would be best for my home & hobby use. I see...
14
14

mig welding 'burn back time'??
Hi, I am a technology teacher here in Tasmania Australia. I am a quiet member of the forum, but I now have a problem that someone may be able to solve. . What does the 'BURN BACK TIME' on MIG welders...
5
5

Welding table
What would be the disadvantages of making a welding table out of 1/4 inch aluminium plate? I have been experimenting with a piece of scrap ally of this thickness and haven't come across any problems...
2
2

how to set fires in your shop - cutting oil barrels
ok, Do i Have you attention? good. I need a new burn barrel and have procured one. problem is that it had some type of vegtable oil (from a food plant) and the only good tool I have to cut it is my...
11
11

Ok, so I want a lot!
I am putting in a bulkhead (cellar entry) in the spring and remember all too well the steep stairs and associated problems that go along with one. Getting furnaces or even a freezer is a pain. So I...
11
11

Welding neodymium magnets to SS
I'm looking to build chip trays for my lathe with a minimum of modification in order to keep the flat beds as clear as possible form grime and swarfand alll that less than nice stuff. The simplest...
9
9

Millermatic 210 field power supply
Has anyone had success with a portable gererater to power a millermatic 210 for work away from the shop. Miller states that this is ok with a 8000/10000 watt generator but I would like to hear from...
6
6

More on oil-cooled welders and 4 mm rods
Hi all, Thanks for the advice I received a couple of weeks ago on the subject of oil-cooled welders. This last weekend I burnt a couple of pounds of 4 mm electrodes, mostly welding fillets on 3 mm and...
4
4

Miller SE250 Info wanted
I seem to be finding some strange old welders lately. Ran across a Miller Welding SE250 DC welder today. Hard to read the tag but looks like 250 amps at 1600 rpm, DC with slip rings. Round generator...

Powermig 350 Multimaster 260 ...
I'm (happy to be) in the rare position of setting up new shop with a good budget to work with. I'll be putting together proto-types made of metal, plastic, wood, and who knows what else. ('m currently...
13
13

looking at chop saws
I have been looking at 14" chop saws for the shop instead of using the HF bandsaw that cuts crooked.or using the 4.5 right angle grinders. I have found these atthe ACE web site. What is you thought...
18
18

Welding mistake - Fixable?
I tigged a long 6"x.250" square tube to the center of a 1/2" x 18" square plate yesterday. With our welder maxed at 300A we were able to achieve good penetration (tested first on a scrap piece) and a...
11
11

Cleaning up transformer copper
We are scrapping out a couple old welders. Has anyone found an easy / friendly way to clean up the copper and aluminum windings to get #1 price instead of the "dirty" / misc price for the scrap?...
9
9

building up metal/adding metal with smaw
just want someone to point out the simple procedure for adding metal to a part. I think I got it figured out, but i would like someone to explain the whole process just in case i have some incorrect...
5
5