Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Gas lens SNAFU
I recently picked up a new welder and it came with an WP17 torch. Having realized that i'm spending money anyhow i picked up a set of collets collet bodies and a few alumina nozzles for a little...
6
6

welding table from 1/8" plate?
I would like to have a little welding table for welding small things. I have a plate (part of some military equipment) that is approximately 1/8" thick, and 24x18" in dimensions. I would like to know...
17
17

scrounging wheels for projects
well, I have a few projects in mind that I can scrounge all the parts i need for free except......wheels. I can get a number of car rims and tires for free, but not wheel hubs. I can find a freebie...
9
9

Welding aluminum with DC
I would like to try welding 1/8" thick aluminum angle with DC reverse polarity and 1/8" pure tungsten electrode. My question is, how many amps to use and is that even achievable at all. Thanks. i
13
13

Feasibility of retrofit dovetail on 20' flatbed gooseneck trailer
Greetings, I recently acquired an old 20' gooseneck flatbed trailer. It's spent the last 10 years of its life running around a hayfield. We are re-wiring and repainting it. Since my main need is to...
6
6

I'm BACCCCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!
So after 2 months of confused level 3 technicians at Earthlink, one of them finally had the brilliant idea to just create a brand new account that forwards everything to my old account. Quite a goofy...
15
15

newbie oxy acetylene cutting question
I'm an ocassional welder, done some stick and some wire feed. Just picked up a victor oxy acetylene welding/cutting setup ( i think it's the journeyman) and bottles. I really want to cut some 2 7/8"...
3
3

Building a Trailer Cover
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote: (clip) How would you recommend constructing the metal hoop skeleton so it is easily removed when not needed? (clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I suggest making a series of steel bows,...
13
13

Lincoln with Onan engine (2023 Update)
Local guy has an early '90's Lincoln Weldanpower with an 16 hp Onan P216 'Performer' engine. 250 amps AC, 200 amps DC, 8000 watts 120/240 all at 100% duty cycle. It would do what I want, price is not...
17
17

Need help tig welding
I've started practicing tig using an air cooled Heliarc torch, my Lincoln AC/DC tombstone for a power supply and pure argon. Works OK for a scratch starter but I seem to be using way too much argon....
18
18

fitting together large rectangular frame from angle
OK, I have another one-guy-in-a-small-shop problem. I've made a bunch of rectangular frames from angle iron, but this one is a little different. The legs are much larger than my welding table. My...
15
15

Welding chrome vanadium tool material
I welded some chrome vanadium things together today (needed to make a quick socket wrench for a particular bolt) and I was surprised as to how easy it is to make SUPER nice looking welds. i
1
1

Mechanical Properties of electircal conduit
Has anyone out there mig welded electrical conduit? I know conduit is not structural but I am curious about it's weldability.
9
9

welding hot water tanks
Any problem cutting and welding on old electric hot water tanks? I want to make a smoker out of one. I know they often have a glass coated interior. I'll cut the jacket off with a cutting torch, then...
3
3

Welding courses (and welding sets)
I am a fan of welding courses, but only at good prices. When I was young I took welding at the Votec school in La. I took the course in the evenings and could go either from 6 to 9 or from 6 to...
9
9