Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

can i weld the mig welder itself?
On my cheapo sip migmate the captive nut in the casing for holding the lid on has come loose - I would weld it back on, but is it ok to weld the case of the welder using the welder itself or would I...
4
4

Welders health and safety
With all the concern about proper ventilation, fume hazards are on one's mind regularly. My foreman had a distant cousin die from what the medical authorities considered a workplace caused death. This...
17
17

Anvil tips
Where might I go for a primer on anvils? I want one. Not sure yet I need one, but there's the occasional time I want to hammer something on a solid object. I used to have one that was just about...
13
13

Welding Shop Liquidation
Hello, I am liquidating my Late Fathers Welding Shop, and I have listed alot of the stuff available in my ebay store There is everything from a custom welding trailer with a Lincoln Electric Ranger...
5
5

Welding tiny beads on a tinier wire ?
Hi, Does anybody have an idea just how I could weld a metal bead on a metal wire ? The wire has 0.25 mm in diameter, the bead is about 4 mg or 0.8 mm in diameter. The challenge is to center the bead...
3
3

Anvil touch-up
Got a new-to-me anvil today - Peter Wright patent "solid wrought" marked for 146 lbs (1 1 6). Should on the whole be an improvement from my 104 lb cast-with-steel-top unit, assuming I get much time to...
14
14

Laser welding info, video request
I'm a student in the last year of the Manufacturing Engineering Technology program at Conestoga College and I've taken on the task of preparing a report on laser welding (including associated...
1
1

Looking for video of laser welding in action.
I'm a student in the last year of the Manufacturing Engineering Technology program at Conestoga College and I've taken on the task of preparing a report on laser welding (including associated...
1
1

Snap-On Spot Welder Question
Hi all, A non-usenet savvy friend recently bought a near new Snap-On YA22300 spot welder on eBay. Here's a link... (Same link as above made into a tiny URL should the long address be a problem... is,...
1
1

BOC 190C MIG opinions ?
Does anyone have any experience of the BOC 190C MIG 'm thinking about getting a new machine as my hobby MIG is a bit tired so I wan't something that is a tad more hardwaring. The duty cycle is only...
4
4

Need recommendation on generator
My son is setting up to be a "Have welder, will travel" business. Has his extra long Dodge diesel and cover, travel trailer, some tools, compressor, Miller 135 Weldmatic, and a great hand for superb...
42
42

where art pictures of good TIG welds?
Perchance doth thou knowest of links offering pictures of sound TIG welds of mild or stainless steel? I art a hobbiest which nary glimpes the works of others. I wonder how mine own TIG welds would...
2
2

Question about fire extinguisher or other tanks
Hello all, I need to find out what various tanks are made of. Well that is not entirely true, I need to find out what is made out of stainless steel. It must be stainless steel. I would like to have a...
5
5

transferring pattern
Any suggestions on transferring a pattern from a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper onto a piece of mild steel sheet metal? Thanks Oldbeaser
12
12

OT Welder as power supply
I have an odd job at work that needs a BIG powersupply to run a small furnace - ideally I want to be able to dump 8 Kilowatts into a resistor, and let it get hot. Very, very hot. 2500F hot. Now our...
10
10