? 2.1 amp , 6" bench grinder???

Ryobi sells a 6", 2.1 amp 3600 rpm, 1/2" arbor bench grinder. I'll be working mostly with less than 1/8" and very rarely 1/4" mild
steel.
Will this grinder provide enough torque to not bog down under moderate pressure?
Reason I ask is I bought an inexpensive angle grinder that dramatically drops RPM when I try to cut 1/8" mild steel and I consider it a piece of junk - Mike
One data point. My 1/5 HP bench grinder bogs down relatively easily grinding 1/8" type things. Yours seems to be about 1/3 HP, not that big a difference.
I also own a 1/2 HP bench grinder, which seems to be of a more decent nature. Made by Baldor. Does not bog down as easily and is made of thick cast metal, as opposed to thin stampings.
On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:39:27 -0400, Michael Horowitz

Michael Horowitz wrote:

It's also a piece of junk, Mike. Your wife's KitchenAid mixer has 50% more power than that grinder. The Ryobi also is probably very cheaply made and probably vibrates terribly.
GWE

As I learned, after having bought the Baldor grinder, there really is a world of difference between cheap and expensive grinders. (I bought my Baldor grinder used).

And when I bought them, I did not even begin to realize the extent of how right you are. Grinders are definitely not created equal.

Absolutely.
Yes. When I just got my baldor, I had some doubts as to $50 was cheap enough for a 1/2 HP grinder without grinding wheels. Now I have no doubts.