Best Rated threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

calculate wire consumption
Greetings, In GMAW process, is there any free software to calculate wire consumption in fillet and butt weld? SALAM Normally wire-feed-speed is something you MEASURE, not calculate. Expensive MIG...
3
3

Combining an electro mechanical joints
Hello everyone, i need help at this: I want to make a joint like in the human arm and make it work in certain behavior. so, i know i need a stepper motor controlled by microchip like PIC16F1825 and...

7016 DCEN 5G root - photos - advice
Hi all - done this page with photos of my efforts advice you can give to get me onward from this stage? Particularly struggling with starting on the lowest sector - at the "5-30" / "6-30" position....
17
17

Lincoln Square Wave Tig-Michigan
Welder - $1100 (Shelby TWP) Date: 2010-08-03, 4:40PM EDT Reply to: [Errors when replying to ads?] Lincoln Square Wave 175 tig/arc Welder. Has everything, tank, tig and pedal, and arc. In great shape,...

VFD/3ph Welder question?
Anyone know if a VFD can safely (without blowing itself out) run a 3ph welder? Ive a 25hp older VFD, which appears to be unused, and a 300 amp 3ph MIG welder. Is it possible to run the welder, from...
5
5

SMA rod burn galv & primer 6013 vs 7018
Hi all Reckon 6010 would be best. But 6010 very rare here in UK (please trust me on this, N.Am. folk). Between 6013 and 7018, which would be best? Have close fit-up between 2mm thk galv'd and 8mm...
6
6

Welding is 5th worst job out of 200?
do not like physical demands, stress, and job outlook. Miller had a blog article protesting this and I think that they are partly right, that many weldors just like what they are doing and that...
13
13

SC26502 semiconductor
I was helping a friend troubleshoot an Airco Tig Welder. And I am pretty sure we found a GE SC26502 that is bad. I am reasonably sure it is an SCR. But can not find a datasheet for a SC26502 anywhere...
23
23

does aluminum spool wire have a "shelf-life"?
I was wondering...going to start a project and the aluminum wire in my spoolgun is a couple years old. Should I replace it? Nok Sealed rolls, or what's been sitting in the gun? Depends on how it has...
2
2

OA Goggles
Ok... I have had half a dozen pairs of OA goggles over the years. Since I don't use my torch a lot whenever I reach over to grab my goggles the elastic in the strap is totally worthless and the...
14
14

WP-20 TIG torch leaking near the handle
Would anyone know if TIG torches are repairable, mine is leaking from inside the handle. I can take my time fixing it if necessary. Are the connections inside such that I can cut off a bit of hose and...
8
8

Welding in water
I was reading a book on welding and it says that if you put your helmet between the welding and ground it will destroy it... talking about welding under water. Why is that? I've crossposted this to...
27
27

FCAW with AC?
So I'm looking at those dirt cheap harbor freight flux core welders to use as a cold wire feeder, and I see that they don't seem to have any rectifier in them. Are they using AC for FCAW? No. Actually...
3
3

Saw the damnest thing today
A parabolic reflector mirror, made of the stuff that is inside those tubular skylights, about 9 square feet, with a turning metal base, focused out to a platform where a big pot of pot roast was...
10
10

Welding outside corner
A friend of mine wants to make a vessel (non-pressure) for roasting shishkabobs. It would basically be a rectangular tub with the top open. According to current thinking it will be made out of 14...
15
15

Owner cylinders ...........
I FINALLY took the bottles I bought from an old welder to a different supplier yesterday. One is a waist high acetylene, about half full, the other, a big 02 with 400# pressure in it. I told the guy...
3
3

Funny Welding Cartoon
Heheh, found this on Youtube "We weld the children... no mommy no!" lololol ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via Forums Web and RSS...
3
3

How to determine ownership of gas cyclinders?
I'm searching (Craigslist, etc.) for some used cylinders to get setup for oxy/acetylene welding/cutting. I know that I need to find 'owner' tanks - tanks that are rightfully owned by the person I'm...
13
13

Itchy/red eyes after O/A brazing refrigeration pipe. POE oil? Long
I am a refrigeration service tech and have been having itchy and red eyes off and on since the phase out of older refrigerants and usage of the newer ones with POE and Alkybenzine based oils (the last...
9
9

Wprld Wide Welders inc. P/TRON-8
I have been given this plasma cutter because small animals have eaten some of the wiring inside. The actual Part# is PZTN-8. It was built in 1984 and has probably seen better days. Is there anyone out...
2
2