Best Rated threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Does flux go bad?
Brazing flux that is.... The stuff that dries out and you need to add water to and make a paste out of. Seems lately I cannot get braze to stick to anything, it just beads up and rolls around. Remove...
5
5

Duty cycle question
A Miller 175 MIG I am looking at buying has a 30% duty cycle. It also has a light on the face that is made to look like a thermometer. Exactly how does one keep track of just how much welding they are...
5
5

6013 questions
I used 6013 ONE time, when I was doing field repairs on ornamental metal, .065" square tube. The rod was described in a welding book I had as "a sheet metal rod." Sounded good to me, wanting to join...
15
15

Water cooled torch woes
--OK I'll be the first to admit I'm a bit of a slacker and it took time to get it organized so the box the torch came in is long gone. Anywayyyy yesterday I finally hooked up the torch to my little...
14
14

Jasic (China) ad/dc welder reputation ????
Anyone hear any bad stories about these Jasic brand imported ac/dc tig welders? At $850 delivered these are about the best I have found pricewise. Comes with the pedal and torch and leads.
2
2

Aluminum TIG weld cracking
This is the bottom haul of a boat, have cleaned the area, using 4043 filler and an Aerowave machine at 55% electrode positive, shielding gas is argon. Cracking along the edge of the weld, length wise....
4
4

calculate wire consumption
Greetings, In GMAW process, is there any free software to calculate wire consumption in fillet and butt weld? SALAM
3
3

Combining an electro mechanical joints
Hello everyone, i need help at this: I want to make a joint like in the human arm and make it work in certain behavior. so, i know i need a stepper motor controlled by microchip like PIC16F1825 and...

7016 DCEN 5G root - photos - advice
Hi all - done this page with photos of my efforts advice you can give to get me onward from this stage? Particularly struggling with starting on the lowest sector - at the "5-30" / "6-30" position....
17
17

Lincoln Square Wave Tig-Michigan
Welder - $1100 (Shelby TWP) Date: 2010-08-03, 4:40PM EDT Reply to: [Errors when replying to ads?] Lincoln Square Wave 175 tig/arc Welder. Has everything, tank, tig and pedal, and arc. In great shape,...

Syncrowave 250DX vs Dynasty 200DX
I may be ordering a new TIG welder tomorrow. Tonight I had the problem with welding the Featherlite aluminum trailer, the closest I could get the trailer and the closest I could get my welder...
24
24

Trailer and Power Generator
Hurricane season is coming and I needed to get a source of emergency power to keep my business inventory frozen if we do lose power. I don't have a convenient place to permanently place the generator,...
85
85

VFD/3ph Welder question?
Anyone know if a VFD can safely (without blowing itself out) run a 3ph welder? Ive a 25hp older VFD, which appears to be unused, and a 300 amp 3ph MIG welder. Is it possible to run the welder, from...
5
5

SMA rod burn galv & primer 6013 vs 7018
Hi all Reckon 6010 would be best. But 6010 very rare here in UK (please trust me on this, N.Am. folk). Between 6013 and 7018, which would be best? Have close fit-up between 2mm thk galv'd and 8mm...
6
6

Welding is 5th worst job out of 200?
do not like physical demands, stress, and job outlook. Miller had a blog article protesting this and I think that they are partly right, that many weldors just like what they are doing and that...
13
13

SC26502 semiconductor
I was helping a friend troubleshoot an Airco Tig Welder. And I am pretty sure we found a GE SC26502 that is bad. I am reasonably sure it is an SCR. But can not find a datasheet for a SC26502 anywhere...
23
23

OA Goggles
Ok... I have had half a dozen pairs of OA goggles over the years. Since I don't use my torch a lot whenever I reach over to grab my goggles the elastic in the strap is totally worthless and the...
14
14

WP-20 TIG torch leaking near the handle
Would anyone know if TIG torches are repairable, mine is leaking from inside the handle. I can take my time fixing it if necessary. Are the connections inside such that I can cut off a bit of hose and...
8
8

Welding in water
I've crossposted this to There's no real electrical principle involved here, unless the current through sea water somehow damages one of those auto-darkening hood lenses. Good Luck! Rich
27
27

FCAW with AC?
So I'm looking at those dirt cheap harbor freight flux core welders to use as a cold wire feeder, and I see that they don't seem to have any rectifier in them. Are they using AC for FCAW?
3
3