Best Rated threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

FS -- Miller XMT 300 CC/CV, in Viroqua, Wisconsin
Won in a liquidation auction by mistake. I believe that it is in a working condition welder, as it came from a functioning company. But I have not tested it. Because it is far from me, I would rather...
4
4

Oxy welding Alu
I am sure this has been covered before but when I did a search I got nothing. I was sitting watching a miller dynasty 200DX go on ebay for $2800 thinking that was my last chance to get a TIG welder...
21
21

must sell Miller TIG Welder - Dynasty 200 DX AC/DC TIG/Stick
hi,all. my name is Yoshi and i am jewelry designer and maker ,and also was interested in making other lager object ,however never had time to do it,and as the time passed , my eyes are getting weak so...
3
3

How to weld thin aluminum to thick aluminim ???
3/8 to 1/8 5052 with 5356 .035 wire. (note the machine does not list a setting for .030 for 3/8 stock) Ok... this is what I tried. Think corner or t, although the re-world isn't exactly either. Power...
3
3

Oxy-Acetylene tanks and regulator questions
Hi all - we acquired another oxy-acetylene rig at an auction this weekend and now I have a couple of dumb questions about it. The newly acquired set has larger bottles than our existing one and what...

Second dumb question of the month coupon
I know I already used one coupon this month, so sue me. I bought an old SA 200 welder with a 1.75 kw rated plug for tools. This is stated in the Lincoln download manual. The current available is 15...
25
25

Welding Jobs - Jeffboat, Jeffersonville, IN
Anyone work there? I'm thinking of applying and wanted to talk with someone who's worked there in the past year or so or is working there now. rvb -- As Iron Sharpens Iron, So One Man Sharpens...

Gas bottle mounting angles
I guess my question is mostly about oxygen bottles. IIRC, propane, acetylene and CO2 are all liquid inside the bottle and have to be mounted vertically. OR, could they be mounted at a 45, particularly...
32
32

Making an outside wood burning furnace
Guy at work is constantly talking about this now that its getting cold and I had the idea that the place to find someone who had done this was people with the skills to do it. What would be the point...
7
7

Propane vs. Acetylene (Hey, Ernie)
I'm setting up shop again, and there's an endle$$ list of things to be done and got. One of them is ga$ cylinder$. And then, I observed the obvious. I have several barbecue bottles. So, thinks me, why...
9
9

Torch coolers
--A friend loaned me a torch cooler he has had in storage for many moons but it's a POS and needs a *lot* of work. Time to buy a new one. I'd like a Miller but crimmeny the prices start around $600...
3
3

Cromatron
Trying to find info on Cromacast rods for welding cast iron. Ive heard they are he greatest thing since sliced bread. Whats the scoop on these? Jimmie
4
4

Is TIG an inherently "low-hydrogen" process?
Is TIG an inherently "low-hydrogen" process? --zeb
6
6

Anvil ID needed
Greetings all, With any luck, I have posted 4 pics(Anvil1-4) as well as a .txt file(Anvil10ID) of an anvil that my Dad bought about 20 yrs. ago in the drop box. With his recent passing my brothers and...
18
18

replacing wooden maul handle with steel one?
Hi, the wooden handle on my maul is about to break off and I was wondering whether instead of the usual repair it would be better to TIG on a steel handle. I thought I'd use some 1" sched 40 black...
20
20

What is the pay scale for a CWI?
Want are the pay ranges for a CWI in structural steel? What other certs would add to a CWIs value? This would be in the Northeast, any help would be great.
2
2

Difference between AC and DC stick welding
Hello all, I have been welding with an old Lincoln Tombstone welder forever. It is an AC only machine. I do quite well with it but it is needing repair and new cables so I am considering buying...
16
16

PWM Control for Plasma Cutters
I may be going out on a limb here (how many EE's in the world have designed plasma cutters?), but does anyone have an idea on how the feedback loop works in a switch mode plasma cutter? Is it direct...
8
8

How many amps. 4mm MS Mig with gas
Sorry to be asking a basic question here but I haven't welded this thickness before. I only do car panel stuff. (I have a 110A 240V industrial box) 4mm mild steel onto 4mm mild as a T joint. Will be...
1
1

weight per foot: 4" x 4" x .375" inch angle iron? for 'the monolith' toolbox... (pix too)
would some kind soul please provide me the weight per foot info for this 'fairly large' angle iron? all I know right now is it's -extraordinarily- heavy. I need to use it for a toolbox frame (or at...
7
7