Best Rated threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Generators for 120 volt wire feed welders
First posting - been lurking and see that there's a lot of good knowledge out there. Here's my situation. I have a Lincoln ProMig 140 wire feed welder that I need to operate off a generator up at the...
12
12

Brazing capacity of Bernzomatic Oxy/Mapp torch?
Hello, I have one of those little Bernzomatic Oxy/Mapp gas torches, and I am wondering if it is going to be enough for a brazing project. What I need to do is braze a 1/2" diameter C2 insert onto the...
11
11

ESAB help
question about foot pedal 10k pot. what i need to know is, is max current when the pot looks like 10k ("open circuit") or "0" ohms (its more like 1.1ohm on low side)? i ask because i want to turn my...
11
11

Video Review: "ARC WELDING II" by Wall Mountain Company
I've been trying to find a good video to help me learn to weld better. This is the second video I've bought, and I thought I'd share my impressions on it as well. This video is being sold on the web...
6
6

All my TIG beads on angle-iron are dull gray - help
I just got my first welder - Miller Dynasty 200DX. I am new to this. I took a 2 day class for TIGing stainless and have been playing on 1/8" thick mild steel flat bar (home depot stuff) at home. I...
3
3

How to learn welding
I've decided that I need to learn to weld. I have never had any training or classes or any experience at all in welding or any other metal working. I do have a bit of experience at woodworking and, in...
7
7

Miller or Lincoln
I have two very new Lincoln welders. The Precision Tig 185 I currently need the most just died. Also the next job requires purchasing something beefier than the Tig 185 and suddenly I am starting to...
17
17

Looking for Tweco #2 Mig Gun parts diagram/user manual
Hi, Very new to welding (haven't even run the 220 for my Millermatic 175 yet). I'm looking for a parts diagram and (if they even exist) a manual for a Tweco #2 Mig Gun. I talked to Tweco/Thermodyne on...
2
2

Real pretty small alu welds??
In a project I have slotted aluminum bars (1/8" by 1") crossing, lots of them, creating large mesh like assemblies. For strength I need to weld a fair amount of these 90 degree crossings, so that...
14
14

Straightening the stainless weld job
Gentlemen, I am a novice TIG welder on my fifth Argon bottle (small one) After what I thought to be a reasonable amount of practice and lot of excellent advice from this group I embarked on my first...
9
9

Welding gas glasses for aluminum
For those who are familiar with gas welding aluminum, I was curious about the lenses you use. There are a few different lenses out there and I wanted to separate the financial interest in selling...
15
15

cause of excessive spatter in overhead SMAW?
I'm working on overhead stick welding with 7018. I just ran a root pass into a vee. The workpiece was 5" long and the first 4" of the bead were fine, but then the "crackle" sounded different, lots of...
1
1

Color of SS welds
Hi, I've been told that SS welds should not get grey; IOW, the fillets should be that yellowish/bluish/iridescent color that only occurs in my weld about 50% of the time... I know that the grey color...
6
6

CHT 100
Hi, Is there anything extra considerations when welding CHT100. The info I have says use 110xx but nothing about procedure. Can I just weld likes it's mild plate. (1/4") Glen
1
1

Regulator "accident"
I was using pure argon with MIG tonight on steel (yes, I know it has poor penatration). I had already welded for about an hour earlier, disconnected the regulator from the cylinder and put the...
3
3

mig welding pliers?
I'm new to MIG welding, having been a stick guy until now. I picked up a MM250 and some .035 solid wire and I'm about to have at it. I have a question: I see these "mig welding pliers" e.g. I wonder...
10
10

Newbie can't see weld pool
I am having trouble getting a good look at my weld pool when TIG welding. I know I am doing something wrong, so here's my technique in detail. I am sitting at desk height. Using a Speedglas 9002x...
12
12

Welders flash
What do you know about welder's flash? I always protect my eyes behind the welding mask with a sunglass that protects against UVC rays, which they say are the one's that produces redness of the eyes....
21
21

Weldability of Aluminum
In my attempts to get good at aluminum gas welding, I've come to question something. I got some al sheet from HD just for practicing. This is .025 and I have become more consistant with puddle control...
6
6

question about welding rods
Hello everybody: I live in Puerto Rico and I am a self taught welder. I have found a problem with the local welders here. They use on a regular basis the 6013 welding sticks. I like to use (and think...
27
27