Best Rated threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

"T" joint weld bead size reccomendation
hi folks, two simular size metal is being welded as "T" joints , in a 90 degree angle. if it is wleded on one side the weld bead should measure same as the material thickness. what if the material is...
7
7

New Maxstar 150 problems, HELP?!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim C Roberts" Newsgroups: Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2005 2:44 PM Subject: New Maxstar 150 problems, HELP!
4
4

TIG cooler options
hi guys, I am trying to make a decesion wether to go with Ernies suggestion of using city water to cool my new #20 series torch or to go for a specific cooler. I like to keep wasting resources to the...
18
18

Cleaning Brass
I just bought a torch and other brass attachments. Brass is tarnished and dirty. What is the best method/products to use to clean them? Thanks, Steve
13
13

I can't see the joint!!!
I'm learning to wire-weld with my new Lincoln Weld-Pak 3200 HD. One problem I'm having is when I'm pulling, using the Innershield flux core. Since I hold the gun in my right hand (with left supporting...
7
7

Miller or Lincoln? newbe needs advice
I'm in the process of shopping for an AC/DC TIG welder and have narrowed my search to the Miller Syncrowave 180 SD TIG Runner and the Lincoln Precision TIG 185. The Lincoln is a bit higher in price...
20
20

Auto Sheetmetal thickness
I've been curious about auto skin thickness in relation to time. I know there has been a push to reduce the overall weight of vehicles to help with the fuel economy. What gauge metal was used in the...
10
10

Homemade Arc Welder
Some of you more experienced guys will probably laugh when I describe this project, but here goes..... A few weeks ago I got the idea to build my own arc welder, as I have several old lawn mowers that...
8
8

Welding cast steel to mild steel plate.
Is it ok to weld cast steel to mild steel plate? If so, what sort of rod should I use? We are talking about DC arc welding here. I am new at this stuff. Thanks....... John
3
3

SS stick electrode choice -- and identifying SS type in square tubing
The wheelchair shop where I work part-time has a power wheelchair that must be cut down in width. The seat frame to be modified is made of some unknown grade of SS 1" square tube. I planm to section...
22
22

transformer vs invertor for stick
Hi, I have seen quite a few comments here related to stick problems on invertor machines. Are the invertors (stick/tig) machines not at good on stick as the iron machines? If so, why is that? So, if a...
12
12

Thermal Arc® PRO-WAVE® 185TSW AC/DC Plus a Ready Welder 10250 ?
Except for the stick welding mode. If he hasn't bought one yet, he needs to know about this pitfall. Next to unusable in stick mode. Maybe the ready welder wouldn't be affected in the same way, who...
24
24

Is gas MIG much better then flux core ?
How much better is solid core MIG wire with gas then flux core with no gas (on them little Lincolns) I've ran the neighbors Lincoln SP-135 Plus with flux core and no gas, but wondering how much better...
7
7

Thermal Arc Pro-Wave 185TSW track record
Some of you might have followed my mini saga of ordering a Lincoln P/T 185, from WeldingMart, then canceling it, and ordering a T/A 185 TSW. Anyways, before I did, I decided to send a question off to...

nozzle for miller M10 gun ?
Hi, I got a millermatic 175 today, after carefull search , i did not find a fluxcore style nozzle for the miller M10 gun I was accustomed to Lincolns little plastic nozzle when flux was in use , it...
2
2

Is hard surfacing wire all the same?
I was asked to hard surface the cutting edge on a dozer bucket. The owner wants me to just run a bead from one end to the other on the edge. He is getting wear and wants it hard surfaced to try to...
3
3

Soldering Stainless Steel Letters
Hello there again I have returned this time with a few facts about which I would like your help Please. First I have to make Stainless Steel Letters from 0.9mm, Grade 304 The method of jointing is...

cutting torch backfire aka torch pop
I have a chinese made, "Harris Type" cutting torch that is only about a month old. Recently, I've been having problems with the cutting attachment popping and extinguishing the flame. I'm using 3PSI...
3
3

mystery filler rod (bronze?)
picked up some surplus filler rod that i hope to use with TIG.. but i dont know what it is. the price was right (cheap!) and i'm just learning, so just about everything and anything is food for my...
5
5

beryllium copper welding
Anyone have any experience welding beryllium copper. We are looking to weld thin sheet .010" thk. into a tube using TIG. Have looked at the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet). We plan on using a HEPA...
6
6