Best Rated threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

aerowave question
The pot that controls the level of output for the EN side of my machine only seems to adjust downward. Sometimes I can fiddle with it and get it up a bit (to 59 A max) but it usually only goes down....
1
1

Re: Century got sold off again, and nobody noticed
I am looking for a manual for my century 100 welder. Did you ever find a place to get Century welder manuals? thanks, -ck news:... http://www.centuryonline.net/catalogue/catalogue.asp?productID=3 Home...

O-A flame pics?
I'm doing a quickie lesson on OA cutting. Anyone got some nice pics of the inner and outer cones for adjusting an O-a torch? Also need one of the charts showing the various OA cutting issues with...
6
6

Gauge creep?
Newbie here. I'd like to get a second opinion after reading and trying it out. I set my working pressure of acyletene to two pounds with the torch open. when I shut the valve on the torch handle, the...
3
3

American CGA-580 regulator on British BS3 cylinder valve fitting - a solution
Hi everyone Thanks for advice at time of original post. I have found an answer which works to fitting an reducing valve with an American CGA-580 fitting to a British gas cylinder with a "BS3" fitting...
2
2

All all 7018 rods created equal?
Actually, I mean to ask "do 7018 rods from different makers feel different when welding?" I've only welded with Lincoln 7018 (mostly 1/8") and recently at work I switched from Lincoln to Radnor...
21
21

New Medicine for Corona virus (COVID-19)
Corona virus medicine / vaccine COVID-19 medicine today - There is already a finished medicine for Corona virus (COVID-19) in Finland. Faron Pharmaceuticals Oy (FARON) already has Corona medicine, the...

Cheap Gas Lenses vs name brand gas lenses
Has anybody used the cheap gas lenses for TIG welding that are available off Amazon and other net sites? The cheap ones cost $2.50 each while the name brand ones cost $10 to $12 each. I am wondering...

Lincoln TIG 200-good welder?
Everybody, Today I was buying some welding supplies and noticed the Lincoln TIG 200 welder. The machine is $1400.00 and it seems to be a nice machine for the price. It comes with an air cooled torch...

HF auto-dark helmet
Don't recall if it was here or over at RCM that there was a discussion about HF auto-dark helmets , but I just bought one on sale for 35 bucks . I F'ed up and let my Northern Tool one get wet , and...

MIG brazing particulars
I'd like to try MIG brazing with silicon bronze wire, but have a couple of questions. 1. Is my Lincoln 135SP up to it? 25 - "135" amps (90, really). 2. Can I use C25 gas? The wire itself is so...
8
8

Everlast welders - Any experience ?????
I am really impressed with the Everlast line of welders. Especially the 'multi-process' ones. AC/DC TIG & Plasma. The Pro 205 has my eye. It seems to do everything but brew coffee. Just the one for an...
5
5

SA200 Brush holder
My neighbor owns a Lincoln SA200 with a V4 Wisconsin, code 1667. One of the brush holders broke and the parts lists on Lincoln Electric skips over that code number. The part number for the brush...

Gas Lens
I have a question regarding the use of a gas lens. I've read whatever I could find on the subject but so far have come across nothing other then "sometimes they are better" sort of comments but my...
11
11

Lightweight hoods for full-time welders with neck issues
Howdy, all: Anyone have an idea about who has the best welding hood for full-time (40+ h/wk)use? I am returning to work after several months off. I've had three cervical vertebra (C5-6 and C6-7...
11
11

Multiplaz-2500 M
Hi Guys, I'm not a welder, although I have attempted to play one at home. (stick welding with an old Craftsman welder) While looking at DIY spot welders I ran across this, seems like a multi purpose...
4
4

turning down the Argon for TIGging
I'm trying to conserve argon. It's $42 including tax per 150 cf bottle here in NC and I'm running thru it too fast. I've always had my flow rate at 15 cfm like mom taught me but I'm experimenting...
36
36

Splitter on Acetylene tank
Hi, In my welding class we are learning safety precautions for Oxy- Acetylene processes. In this discussion we talked about how acetylene tanks are filled with a porous material and acetone to isolate...
32
32

Gas Tank
Ok, at 4$ + per gallon I can't ignore this any more. I have a gas tank that leaks when I turn to the right and it is more than half full. The filler tube is my suspect since it is on that side. When I...
11
11

PICTURE -- Big vs. small impact wrench
Somewhat amusing. > What I would like to see is the second picture. The one that shows the big fella who operates that big impact driver versus a normal size guy. I'd like to see a 1/2" hex impact...
64
64