Best Rated threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Optrel Satellite Helmet from Ebay
Hi. I've been looking on Ebay for auto darkening helmets and have been contemplating buying an Optrel Satellite. It's much cheaper than what the stores in my area are offering. The company selling...
5
5

aerowave question
The pot that controls the level of output for the EN side of my machine only seems to adjust downward. Sometimes I can fiddle with it and get it up a bit (to 59 A max) but it usually only goes down....
1
1

Re: Stick rod Certanium 701 and 703????
Good question Rod.

Re: Century got sold off again, and nobody noticed
I am looking for a manual for my century 100 welder. Did you ever find a place to get Century welder manuals? thanks, -ck news:... http://www.centuryonline.net/catalogue/catalogue.asp?productID=3 Home...

O-A flame pics?
I'm doing a quickie lesson on OA cutting. Anyone got some nice pics of the inner and outer cones for adjusting an O-a torch? Also need one of the charts showing the various OA cutting issues with...
6
6

rod angles - SMA vert-up T-fillet, 6013 rods
Hi all For 6013 vert-up T-fillet welds, finding that can only get fillet-corner ("root") penetration if the rod is sloped slightly downwards - which is not in agreement with common procedure, is it?...
2
2

Lincoln Precision 185 PC Board Problem
It's not a pot. The same problem is being discussed in . I replied there as I have the same welder with the same general problem. It's not a pot because the knob can be turned forever in either the...
5
5

Gauge creep?
Newbie here. I'd like to get a second opinion after reading and trying it out. I set my working pressure of acyletene to two pounds with the torch open. when I shut the valve on the torch handle, the...
3
3

Stud Weld with Stick Machine?
Does anyone know how to stud weld with a stick machine? Is there a switch I can use to create a single pulse. Can I hook up the electrode holder to the stud and just momentarily turn the machine on &...
4
4

American CGA-580 regulator on British BS3 cylinder valve fitting - a solution
Hi everyone Thanks for advice at time of original post. I have found an answer which works to fitting an reducing valve with an American CGA-580 fitting to a British gas cylinder with a "BS3" fitting...
2
2

All all 7018 rods created equal?
Actually, I mean to ask "do 7018 rods from different makers feel different when welding?" I've only welded with Lincoln 7018 (mostly 1/8") and recently at work I switched from Lincoln to Radnor...
21
21

How to tell if TIG is square wave? LTEC 306N
[lurk mode = off] Hi, I just bought a LTEC 306N heliarc machine from government auction. How can I tell if this machine is a square wave machine or not. It definitely is not an inverter type (it's...