Best Rated threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

INCONEL Welding Electrodes 182
I just got a good(or what i think is good) deal on 10lbs of these on ebay and was wondering if anyone had used them before and could advise me on the proper technique for running these? do you run...
3
3

Miller 250X w/ meters and Spoolmatic 30A Spool Gun
I just picked up a Miller Spoolmatic 30A for my Millermatic 250x w/ meters. I am a little confused by the lack of directions that came with the spool gun and my instruction booklet from my power...
2
2

Adding high frequency to the Harbor Freight TIG
I finally went and looked at the $200 unit after the various discussions on this group. It really looks pretty good for what it is. The torch looks just like my name brand units, nice fingertip gas...
2
2

Carbon arc plasma cutter??
About twenty years ago I had an opportunity to use a "plasma cutter" that consisted of two carbon rods held near each other by a sort of mechanism that was operated by a pair of handles like pliers....
3
3

Welding aluminum with a stick welder?
Hi all, can you weld aluminum with a stick welder? And is it hard to do for a newbie to stick welding but have mig welded before. Thanks in advance! It does work, but is the last choice on my list for...
3
3

R: welding thin cast iron
I did the exact same repair years ago before I knew better. I only had a little 100v MIG and after a coincidental preheat, welded it by stitching it across the back after aligning and clamping the...

Home built TIG foot pedal: need 14 pin wiring
I've built a foot pedal with a pot and a switch. It's for a Thermal Arc 250 GTSW which has a 14 pin connector (same as Miller?). I've measured the voltages on the connector and found more wires than...
1
1

Century Plasma cutter.. what size fuse?
Hey guys, I just picked up a used Century 20/40A plasma cutter. it's 208/230V. I can't find any specs on this thing anywhere.. I hvae the wiring diagrams. but it doesn't say what size fuse/breaker to...
1
1

Lincoln sa200f162 ....question
Trying to get some info on a Lincoln Shield ARC SA200 DC welder. I have a model# of SA200F162. Can get further info if needed. I'm looking into this for a friend who has this unit laying around ( left...
3
3

HILTI angle grinder quality???
I've been looking around for some extra angle grinders so that I don't have to constantly switch between grinding disc, cutoff wheel, cup brush, etc--just grab and go. I found a local guy who has some...
5
5

Argon -V- Argon Mix for MIG Welding
Being just a hobby welder I can't afford to keep bottles of Aron (for the TIG) and Argon mix for the MIG on hand at all times. I understand that the mix wouldn't work for the TIG, but if it just kept...
3
3

Welder don?t work
I have a linde Utiliy welder that I took on a trip to do a little job on the way I had to make a quick stop and the welder tipped over and now it don?t work I have checked everything I can think of...

Tip TIG process
Anyone have experience with this? Looking at this, we do a lot of stainless pipe work. the website.... Six reasons to consider TIP TIG instead of regular TIG / Pulsed MIG. [1] TIP TIG CREATES AN...
8
8

Repairing stainless cooking dish
A family member asked if I could repair her cooking pan. It's a stainless steel pan labeled as "18/10 Stainless" which had two handled that seem to have been spot welded to opposite sides. I assume...
32
32

Need help with stoarge shelf design - help me get a new welder!
As part of a project to finish our unfinished basement, I need to create some storage shelves for all the household crud that has managed to accumulate in our basement for the past 12 years. I have to...
51
51

fillet weld aluminum tig
I am learning gtaw and I am having problems with fillet welds. I am welding a variety of thicknesses of aluminum between 1/8" and 1/4". I think my problem is torch angle. Some of the posts suggest a...
5
5

Auto-dark Helmet ?
Hello, I like all of the posts everyone does but have not seen this before. I'm not the brightest star in the sky and can't find the answer to this on the net. What is the difference between the $50...
20
20

MW1 welding handle
I have an Smith MW1 welding handle. It is not mentioned on their website. Anyone know if the MC509 torch will fit that handle? What series of welding tips would it use? - Mike

low hydrogen electrodes and mild steel
I have a stock of various low hydrogen electrodes, 7018, 8018, ...,. These have been in my garage for a year or so, some opened, some not. Some are from Ernie's big welding rod giveaway a year or so...
2
2

Problem with Lincoln Ranger 8 - no output
I have the opportunity to purchase a 3 year old Lincoln Ranger 8 welder/generator with 600 hours. Apparently, the unit worked well for 3 years. However, while powering a refrigerator and some lamps,...
9
9