Best Rated threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Mig Welding thin tube..
I have just purchased a mig welder, now I know practice makes perfect, but.. I have a mild steel tube of 1.121mm. I am using the mig setings for 0.8-1mm weld and wire speed on 6. but every time I try...
10
10

Stick welder
I picked up a Miller Thunderbolt XL 225/150 AC/DC stick welder. Any thoughts and opinions? I don't expect any problems and its working good so far. Now a question about weld quality. I'm welding up...
7
7

cellulosics and pipewelding - what should the keyhole be like?
Simulating a large pipe-weld, stovepipe technique, as best as I know how by downhill-welding some V-prepped flat plates, using 6010 or 6011 electrodes, I get a "keyhole" (a melted hole through the...

Hypertherm 1000 Good Plan?
Hi, After reading here and talking to friends, I was just about to go for a Thermal Dynamics pakmaster75 xl + but then I looked at the Hypertherm Powermax 1000. They are about the same $, but the...
2
2