Best Rated threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Millermatic 250 ?
Someone I know has a Millermatic 250 for sale with no bottle and no spoolgun. It looks like fair condition. From past Ebay sales, $1000 or $1100 looks like about the going price. Does anybody have any...
2
2

aluminum ship repair welding?
I have been asked to bid a job where I'd have to fabricate a simple handrail of 6061 aluminum and weld it to a guy's boat. This boat is too big to trailer to a shop, well, not in any practical way...
4
4

Trailblazer 175?
Well, I am narrowing it down for a truck mounted and portable welder. I keep coming back to the blue 175. The comparison charts all have it about one step above the others in most comparables. It has...

welding table from 1/8" plate?
I would like to have a little welding table for welding small things. I have a plate (part of some military equipment) that is approximately 1/8" thick, and 24x18" in dimensions. I would like to know...
17
17

Welding aluminum with DC
I would like to try welding 1/8" thick aluminum angle with DC reverse polarity and 1/8" pure tungsten electrode. My question is, how many amps to use and is that even achievable at all. Thanks. i I...
13
13

Spray mode
I was ordering gas today and asked about an 85/15 Argon CO2 mix to MIG weld in spray mode. The guy says we have 75/25, or 92/8, neither will support both short circuit and spray modes. He says he has...
12
12

large diameter pipe miter
Does anyone know where I can get a miter template for joining two pieces of 8.5" OD pipe at 90 degrees. I need the same for 6.5" OD as well. Perhaps there is a program........ or someone has a tried...
12
12

7018/TIG cross-contamination?
I am welding together a roll cage, its made out of 2" OD 1026 DOM. We used 7018 to tack the tubes together while it was in the truck, now I am using the TIG to finish welding it. I think using the...
5
5

Lincoln Econotig
I ran across a used Econotig, complete with air cooled torch, very low hours, no bottle at well less than half of retail sticker. This would be for my home shop. I occasionally use an Lincoln...
2
2

Welding silicon bronze -- am I doing something wrong?
I'm just beginning to play around with silicon bronze. I tried TIG welding some sheet (.065") and noticed that the bronze does not behave like any other metals I have welded (steel, stainless,...
10
10

Miller Spoolmatic 30A
While browsing in Reliable Tool today..I found a few boxes filled with used Miller Spoolmatic 30A spool guns and hose/cable assemblies. I bought one for $50. Now..what can I do with this thing? I have...
9
9

Tig Welder Selection
I realize this is probably asked often, but I will continue nonetheless. I am in the market for a new TIG machine. I am not a newbie (about 10 years experience), so I understand what to look for in a...
4
4

Good Quality Chinese imports in UK
I have been looking at a site today which sells good quality inverter welders which they import from China. They look very good and they come with a 2 year warranty. May be worth a look if your in the...

Lincoln SA-200 - How to dismount engine from generator end?
Can anybody clue me in as to how the generator is mated to the rear of the crankshaft? I have a manual for the Continental F162 engine but no documentation for the welder. Thanks, Vernon Have you...
4
4

welding shade numbers
Can anyone tell me whether the welding shade scale is linear, or whether it's something else? I was wondering if #3 flash goggles under a #10 hood equal a #13 filter, or if it's something less....
5
5

Solar Power to provide 220 to barn for welding, etc.
Solar power panels usually charge a bank (or banks) of batteries so you'll have power available at night and on cloudy days. It's certainly possible to setup a 220V solar system. Only you can decide...
24
24

Looking for Elektra Beckum Pocket Pro 110 UM
I have had this welder for a while. It is a small MIG welder and I amd currently using flux core in it. I am looking for a User manual for it. Thank You Elektra Beckum was sold to Ryobi (? Anyway,...
3
3

Adaptation of Golf Cart Starter Generator
I am interested in adapting a small engine starter/generator such as might be found on a golf cart or lawn tractor to fit my Lincoln SA 200 welder (old enough to never have had a starter - or ring...
6
6

EconoTig pulse controller
I'm considering building a pulser circuit for my EconoTig. The front panel jack provides provides an external access point that can be used to pulse the welder on and off or to alternately switch...
8
8

Favorite Helmet
Hey gang: I've been away from the group for a while. My auto-dark (Wal-Mart Special) helmet has died a terrible death. It just doesn't seem to auto-darken to the extent it should, so I've given up on...
13
13