Need help identifying old Miller Spot Weld Control Unit

Howdy!

Some time ago, on ebay, I bought a "MillerMatic Spot Weld Control" Model CS-1A. Stock No. 058-166.

I realize that I could and probably should just call Miller.

But you guys never put me on hold.

So does anybody know or care to even hazard a guess as to what Miller welder(s) this fits?

I think it must obviously go with a Millermatic welder. But I don't know which one(s). It would appear to pre-date my MillerMatic 250X by about a hundred years.

The box is about 6 x 8 x 14 inches.

Thanks for any insight and even any wild guesses!

Vernon

Reply to
Vernon

May not be enough info but I did find the owners manual.

John Noon

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Well, thanks to you both. It had not crossed my mind that Miller would have published an owner's manual for it.

Since this controller is some 25 years older than my mig welder I imagine the chances of 'em working together are slim to none. Apparently, the spot weld controller was manufactured in about 1976.

If somebody has a mig welder that old I could probably be persuaded to trade this nifty box for a quart of burnt motor oil.

Vern> May not be enough info but I did find the owners manual.

Reply to
Vernon

You need to have a talk to a local welder service place. Those guys can tell you if you can cobble a connection to your MM250X or not. I dug out the pinout to my MM250's 10-pin connector one time, I bet you can find the pinout for yours. If your timer module still functions, it should be possible to fabricate a cable for it and another adapter cable from it to your spoolgun, and then you should be able to do spot welding with your MM250X. The receptacles Miller uses are just amphenol parts, you can buy them lots of places.

GWE

Vern> Well, thanks to you both. It had not crossed my mind that Miller would

Reply to
Grant Erwin