Thermal Arc® PRO-WAVE® 185TSW AC/DC Plus a Ready Welder 10250 ?

I did NOT know that Redywelders do this. Are you sure that the R.W II does this? makes good sence, and *if* so, I will buy one immeadietly !

BTW, found that my new 185TSW just emptied a second tank of gas here in a few weeks. Left the tank valve on with the welder off, and in 2-3 weeks the tank was empty. So the gas solenoid, ot the regulator that comes with the unit is leaky. Bummer.

Reply to
Mr Wizzard

This can't be right. Short arc means less resisance, and *more* current. I think you ment When the arc is "lengthened" here.

Reply to
Mr Wizzard

Yes it does. Go buy one.

Get yourself a small spray bottle with water in it and about 1 tablespoon of dish soap. Spritz it on gas fittings and look for bubbles.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Yes, they do.

*Always* remember to open the tank valve *fully* against the back seat when in use (otherwise it will leak at the tank valve), and *always* close it fully when not in use. Otherwise, you'll be buying gas too frequently.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman

Your right. I should have wrote lengthened there so the paragraph should read as follows.

CV welders are used with constant rate wire feeders. CV welder's Volt/Amp curve is designed so MIG welding arc length is held constant as welder changes his stickout or gun to work distance. The CV flat volts slope or curve to amps means small voltage changes results in big amp changes. As arc is shortened the CV voltage decreases a little and the amps increases a lot burning off wire faster restoring arc length. When arc is lengthend the CV voltage increases a little and the amps decreases a lot so wire is burned off slower restoring arc length. This is called self regulation. This is the simple explanation of what is happening when wire feed welding. Short circuit transfer is a lot more complicated as wire shorts to work stopping arc then arc reingition happens in cycle 20 to 250 times a second both voltage and amps are constantly changing during the short circuit cycle.

Reply to
R. Duncan