Welders are being hired

Where the jobs are: even welding.

The San Diego Union Tribune reports on page F-1, June 5, 2001 that nearly 100% of welding school graduates are finding rapid job placement. While about 500,000 welders are currently working in the US, the typically welder is nearing retirement age. Welders, the paper reports, are retiring twice as fast as replacements are being trained.

Reply to
Nadogail

It has been brought to my attention that I mis-typed the date of the newspaper story I cited. The correct date was June 1 of this current year, a little over three weeks ago. My apologies to anyone confused by my error. Corrected copy follows

Gail

Where the jobs are: even welding.

The San Diego Union Tribune reports on page F-1, June 5, 2011 that nearly 100% of welding school graduates are finding rapid job placement. =A0While about 500,000 welders are currently working in the US, the typically welder is nearing retirement age. Welders, the paper reports, are retiring twice as fast as replacements are being trained.

Reply to
Nadogail

Tell every new welder you meet to keep a clean nose. We need welders who can obtain and keep a security clearance!

I'm just coming off of a couple of weeks of 12 hour shifts- The pay is great (wage grade 10 in Seattle area) and you can't beat the bennies.

Tell 'em to check out the WG-3703 series in the USAJOBS website.

The civilian side of the DOD-Navy also hires untrained and inexperienced people right off the street, provided you have a clean past and can pass the fairly basic reading/writing/arithmetic test. Come in as a WG-1 and accept the Apprenticeship and in four years you're a WG-10.

Reply to
Tin Lizzie DL