Alternative model airplanes

If somebody needs inspiration for alternative model airplanes, then please look here:

Model airplane lawn mover:

RC model airplane for dog owners:
/Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Møller-Holst

Fubar of The HillPeople

Between, the doghouses, lawnmowers,stopsigns, round-to-its, startships, Buck Rogers spaceships, cars and boats -- all have been done at one point in time over the last fifty years.

Of course, you can get an idea of the sta bility of some if you check the AMA web-site and see which designs are not allowed under the AMA Safety Code or other rules.

Reply to
byrocat

| Of course, you can get an idea of the sta bility of some if you check | the AMA web-site and see which designs are not allowed under the AMA | Safety Code or other rules.

I don't recall the AMA safety code prohibiting any specific designs of planes (beyond things like metal props, certain fuels, or gaseous boosts and requiring special approval for planes over 55 lbs or powered by turbines.)

Which rules prohibit certain airplane designs?

Reply to
Doug McLaren

?????

Where in the AMA rules? Would you post an URL?

Abel

Reply to
Abel Pranger

Got one just like it....a Tour O. The kits from

Ken

Reply to
Ken Day

Old news, those designs and some like them go back a longgg time.

Reply to
mjd

They should have stayed there.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Sparky

Good for making the crowd laugh at PR events, beyond that... --YAWN--......

Reply to
mjd

LOL!! imagine that at twilight with elec power...

Reply to
rocannon

then --YAWN--come up with something original---YAWN---

Reply to
Pete

Not much yawning here, experimental and weird models, check out the pictures and videos. The event is held alternatingly in the Netherlands, France and Germany, started way back in '84:

Vriendelijke groeten ;-) Ron van Sommeren near Nijmegen, the Netherlands

2007 E-fly-in, Aug.26.
Ron van Sommeren

Thanks Ron, some truly wonderous flying machines. I'll make it an objective to attend at least one of these events.

Abel

Reply to
Abel Pranger

Abel,

A teaser, a video of the Horten IX twin-turbine at the 2003 Inter-Ex in the Netherlands, I saw and heard it fly, lovely :-)

((7.2MByte))

Pictures made during building:

> photo gallery > Horten 9

Vriendelijke groeten ;-) Ron van Sommeren near Nijmegen, the Netherlands

2007 E-fly-in, Aug.26.
Ron van Sommeren

Ron-

That does it! See you next Aug. Calling KLM now, sure hope their English is better than my Dutch......

Abel

Reply to
Abel Pranger

"Abel Pranger" wrote

Better call Lufthansa then, next year the event is held in Ostrachtal Germany. (And KLM is part of Air France now anyway)

You could also visit

, (15km from Stuttgart, Mercedes territory) videos 2005 (we're waiting for the 2006 vids) Have a look at the Horten III, a labour of love
Pictures
?threadid=128499

Vriendelijke groeten ;-) Ron near Nijmegen, the Netherlands

2007 E-fly-in, Aug.26.
Ron van Sommeren

Dank u

Reply to
Abel Pranger

"Ron van Sommeren" wrote in message news:451bfbc2$0$2031$ snipped-for-privacy@text.nova.planet.nl...

Now THAT looks like fun! Too bad it is not allowed in the AMA...no functional rudder and a turbine.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Thanks Ron - Great stuff!

"Ron van Sommeren" wrote in message news:451b0639$0$2019$ snipped-for-privacy@text.nova.planet.nl...