Alternative model airplanes

If somebody needs inspiration for alternative model airplanes, then please look here:
Model airplane lawn mover:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx2oW8oXbA0&NR
RC model airplane for dog owners: http://www.3d-nut.com/videos/doghouse.wmv
/Glenn
http://www.flyingthingz.com /
--
Dan
AMA605992

Between, the doghouses, lawnmowers,stopsigns, round-to-its, startships, Buck Rogers spaceships, cars and boats -- all have been done at one point in time over the last fifty years.
Of course, you can get an idea of the sta bility of some if you check the AMA web-site and see which designs are not allowed under the AMA Safety Code or other rules.
| Of course, you can get an idea of the sta bility of some if you check | the AMA web-site and see which designs are not allowed under the AMA | Safety Code or other rules.
I don't recall the AMA safety code prohibiting any specific designs of planes (beyond things like metal props, certain fuels, or gaseous boosts and requiring special approval for planes over 55 lbs or powered by turbines.)
Which rules prohibit certain airplane designs?
--
Doug McLaren, snipped-for-privacy@frenzied.us
The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the

?????
Where in the AMA rules? Would you post an URL?
Abel

Got one just like it....a Tour O. The kits from www.flyingthingz.com
Ken
Old news, those designs and some like them go back a longgg time.

They should have stayed there. <G>
Ed Cregger

Good for making the crowd laugh at PR events, beyond that... --YAWN--......

then --YAWN--come up with something original---YAWN---

Not much yawning here, experimental and weird models, check out the pictures and videos. The event is held alternatingly in the Netherlands, France and Germany, started way back in '84: http://www.inter-ex.com /
Vriendelijke groeten ;-) Ron van Sommeren near Nijmegen, the Netherlands 2007 E-fly-in, Aug.26. http://home.hetnet.nl/~ronvans/
On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 01:16:10 +0200, "Ron van Sommeren" <ron.van.sommeren_curly_thingy_hetnet.nl> wrote:>

Thanks Ron, some truly wonderous flying machines. I'll make it an objective to attend at least one of these events.
Abel
Abel,
A teaser, a video of the Horten IX twin-turbine at the 2003 Inter-Ex in the Netherlands, I saw and heard it fly, lovely :-) http://www.drfly.de/Horten9.wmv ((7.2MByte))
Pictures made during building: www.amtjets.com > photo gallery > Horten 9
Vriendelijke groeten ;-) Ron van Sommeren near Nijmegen, the Netherlands 2007 E-fly-in, Aug.26. http://home.hetnet.nl/~ronvans /

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 18:43:47 +0200, "Ron van Sommeren" <ron.van.sommeren_curly_thingy_hetnet.nl> wrote:>Abel,

Ron-
That does it! See you next Aug. Calling KLM now, sure hope their English is better than my Dutch......
Abel

Better call Lufthansa then, next year the event is held in Ostrachtal Germany. (And KLM is part of Air France now anyway)
You could also visit www.mfg-aspach.de , (15km from Stuttgart, Mercedes territory) videos 2005 (we're waiting for the 2006 vids) Have a look at the Horten III, a labour of love http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?tR8529
Pictures http://www.michael-maly.de/Modellflug170906/Aspach170906.htm http://users.telenet.be/qeflyer/Aspach/index.html http://home.euphonynet.be/nidelectron/album/index.html http://www.danieljust.de/galerien/aspach-2006/index.html http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showthread.php?tD782&page=6 http://www.rclineforum.de/forum/thread.php?threadid 8499
Vriendelijke groeten ;-) Ron near Nijmegen, the Netherlands 2007 E-fly-in, Aug.26. http://home.hetnet.nl/~ronvans /
On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 22:37:14 +0200, "Ron van Sommeren" <ron.van.sommeren_curly_thingy_hetnet.nl> wrote:>

Dank u
"Ron van Sommeren" <ron.van.sommeren_curly_thingy_hetnet.nl> wrote in message

Now THAT looks like fun! Too bad it is not allowed in the AMA...no functional rudder and a turbine.
Thanks Ron - Great stuff!