Colors for a Patriot

I'm wondering if I would be able to see my Patriot if I covered it with Monocoat Silver (brushed aluminum look) and used the Highly reflective silver that you find on the long trim sheets at the LHS.This trim stuff is really shiny. Kinda tired of the yellow and red and just want something different.Not into the warbird stuff (colors) but just want something diff. Hopefully it will be fast so I gotta see it. Thanx a mil' Walt

Reply to
TX_QBALL

Not sure which you are referring to, chrome or aluminum. The duller of the two Monokote calls aluminum (205).

I am using the Thunderbirds F100 trim scheme with the aluminum

If you put the blue bird on the bottom, and make it big, it will stand out well. So do the tail feathers. If you are looking for the silver to contrast against the aluminum, it will, especially on an overcast day. Works OK in light, too, but not as much as if you contrasted it with a darker color.

Keep in mind also, that these are probably the two hardest colors to work with that Top Flite makes. Especially the chrome. Both have poor workability, while the chrome shows up scratches easily, not to mention surface defects underneath.

Reply to
John Alt

Blue Bird?? I've seen that pix somewhere with a bird on the bottom of the wing and fuse. Is that a "stick on" of the bird?? A dark bird on a yellow bottom would surely show up. I don't really care what colors I put on the bottom as they don't show anyway unless your up. I'd just like the top of the plane to look somewhat cool without the scale look. I just thought the silver covering with the chrome would look good but maybe not to sensible. The shiny trim is the chrome stuff on the trim sheet that you get. Thanx

Reply to
TX_QBALL

Do you have a pix of your bird (plane)?? I'd like to see. Thanx Walt

Reply to
TX_QBALL

Silver/chrome/gray aren't really good colors to see in the air. There's a Patriot around here that's gray, and it's had several owners who always complain they can't see it. If you MUST have an aluminum color scheme, check out some of the "hi vis" schemes the Air Force used in the late '50s. Many of the aircraft had bright orange on their tails and wingtips. The Navy also had a nice orange and white scheme on their trainers, such as the T-2 Buckeye. If you don't want a military paint scheme, here's what I did on my Kaos: The bottom is dark blue with three large white stars on the wings. The top is in a red, white and blue sunburst pattern with a wide red stripe going down the length of the white fuselage. I also have an easy-to-see Uproar done in yellow, blue and day-glo orange. E-mail me at the address below if you'd like pics.

-- Morris Lee snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

Reply to
Morris Lee

I'd be interested in seeing the red,white and blue sunburst..Like to see how you did it. Sounds a little different. Thanx

Reply to
TX_QBALL

Once did a Sig King Kobra in the chrome monokote with blue along the turtledeck, wingtips, wing and tail feathers leading edges. It looked great on the ground, but it just was hard to see in the air. I think it reflected sunlight so well that all you could see was a bright spot glinting like a star all the time..no orientation...eventually lost it..used to blind me when it was on the ground or being carried from the pits..like a mirror flashing around on sunny days..

Reply to
Boyd Leake

I'm looking for the Tamiya color for Air Force scale flat gray in th

polycarbonate color series. Anybody know? I can't get a definativ answer from Tamiy

-- mc2t

this thread:

mc2th