Funtana what engine???

What engine should I put in the Funtana???

Saito .72 4c Webra Speed .50 2c YS .45 2c

HELP!

Thanks , Steve

Reply to
Steve

Another club member has one with the Saito .72 and it flys great. Also sounds soooo much better then a 2c.

David]

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

I have a Saito .91 in mine. You will need to widen the blind nut spacing and recess the throttle arm into the firewall. It was well worth it. I fly with

10% nitro and a 14X6 prop. It will accelerate out of a hover to about 20 MPH and fly out of sight if I let it.
Reply to
Brian Jolicoeur

I'm putting a Saito 100 in mine. It should be ready for next weekend.

Reply to
IFly

A fellow club member put a 100 in his....... and took it out and put in his 72, saying the 100 made it WAY too nose heavy - and too heavy totally.

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

Well, the Saito 100 weighs 2.86 ounces more than the 72. Mine weighs

5.3 LBS with the 100 on it, and I had to move the 1400 mah battery pack up under the fuel tank so it would be less tail heavy. I have flown both and IMHO it is vastly superior for 3-D with the 100 on it. In fairness though, it has been noted on the discussion forums that there is quite a difference in the weight & distribution of weight in these from the factory.

Bill Davenport AMA 28141

Reply to
badbill

I have the 3 engines I listed and am wondering which to use? I'll use the Webra .50

Thanks ,

Steve

Reply to
steve hudson
3 ounces made it WAY too nose heavy? Use a micro on the throttle and a NiMH pack and easily lose the 3 ounces. Did he have a Saito 100, or something heavier?

Reply to
IFly

I'm just telling you what he said and did. He's pretty good 3-d flier, so I won't argue.

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

what do you think of a OS 60 sf (2 stroke) with pump?

think it is around the power of a saito 100?

i like the looks of this combo but i dont like the saito 100's 300$ price tag!

Reply to
ed

This was another guy's plane we were discussing, but personally, I still have 2s motors, but I LOVE the 4s sound MUCH more.

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

I just finished mine and it balanced right on the money with the Saito 100. I'ts strange that your friend noticed such a difference in weight when there is under 3oz between the engines. Maybe he had the twin 100. :)

Reply to
IFly