Engine recommendation continued

A slightly different question today. Who makes engines today, who sells engines *today*? 1/2a, bigger? Who are the manufacturers still in this business?

Reply to
Zootal

The big names that come to my mind are:

OS for everything Norvel for 1/2A up to .25 -- they get good reviews; I even have one but I haven't fired it up. Mecoa has collected most of the 'also rans' under one roof; they have HB, K&B, etc. Fox is still in the business. Saito for 4-strokes.

There are more, but I mostly fly electric...

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Glow engine manufacturers:

O.S. Max Thunder Tiger Magnum/ASP/Sanye/Tiger Shark Super Tigre GMS Evolution JBA SK/Kangke Saito MECOA (including K&B, HP, HB, RJL) Enya Novell Aviatronics (Aviastar) Moki/Mark Fox Megatech Cox RCV Rossi Jett Engineering YS Engines Tower Hobbies Webra

This list should include most of the glow engine manufacturers still in business. MDS may still be manufacturing engines, but I don't know of any current distributors for their product. This list does not include gas engine manufacturers.

Reply to
Ed Paasch

Oops, change "Novell" to "Norvel."

Reply to
Ed Paasch

Reply to
A.T.

refer to: "Engines,Plugs,Tuning, Petrol, Turbines, Mufflers, Cleaning, etc" sub section Glow, Diesel & CO2 Engines - all (Home pages)

AP Engines (Sanye Machinery Co Ltd.) ASP engines (A.S.P.) (Sanye Machinery Co Ltd.) Aviastar Engines Axe Motor Rossi (previously known as "Rossi") Cen Racing - Includes good care & maintenance and tuning of engines. Cox Engines COX Control Line, COX R_C, COX Free Flight, COX Glow Engines CS Engines (Raptorz = Meng Ying) Cyclon Engines - FAI & F2B etc. Ru. Davis Diesel Desert Sky Model Aviation _ DN - Re_ OS 120 Gemini power_ Dynamite = Horizon Hobby = rebranded SH Engine Great Hobbies - Tech Talk crankshaft thread sizes Enya Model products Fox engines - manuals Fuji Engine Gasparin's (Stefan ) Miniature CO2 motors. GMS Engines HP Engines Irvine Ltd Irvine Engines JBA engines = Vmax, Jen, Revtech & Pichler etc JELmotors - RC Car Jett Engineering Just Engines K&B index Laser Engines Leo engines Magnum MECA (Model Engine Colletors Assn.) homepage ModelEngine.com - K & B, Mecoa, HB, HP, Kavan, Fuji Moki engine Moki MP Jet MVVS - Just Engines MVVS model engines - Pe Reivers Nelson Engines - Performance Specialties NitroReview_reviews of almost every car_truck engine Norvel Novarossi micro engines OFNA Racing - Nitro Engines OPS engines O.S. Engines O.S. Wankel reviews and adjustments PAW diesel engines [Progressive Aero Works] Picco (aka Omega and/or Omega Picco) RCV Engines Ltd RJL,Kavan

Reply to
A.T.

PAW. For diesels Laser for big putputs. Enya IIRC are still there.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks everyone for the great response. One more question - I live in a remote area, and hobby shops here are few and far between. Any recommendations for an online supplier of engines and supplies in general?

Reply to
Ook

news:VJadnTZ4EpST_zDYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

I'm assuming you live in the US, sorry if the assumption is wrong.

Tower Hobbies at

Hobby People at
Horizon Hobby Distributors (I forget their URL) Hobby Lobby International " RJL/Mecoa at

All of the above have provided excellent service for well over a decade. Some even longer.

Good luck.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Oh, sorry - I live in Lebanon, Oregon. There is a hobby shop in Albany, about 10 miles away, but I said "control line" and they gave me dumb looks. There are probably some good ones in Salem, that is about 40 miles. I make it to Portland from time to time, but I prefer mail order/ebay when possible.

Reply to
Ook

Thunder Tiger offers a fairly full range of 2-stroke and 4-stroke glow engines ranging from .07 cu inches to 1.2 cu inches in size. Thunder Tiger engines are very high quality, easy to tune and maintain, and are more economically priced than other premium 2-strokes.

You can find a complete catalog of Thunder Tiger engines along with spare parts at

They offer fast shipping, very good service, and low pricing on Thunder Tiger and Ace Hobby products. Shipping is free for orders over $150.

Happy shopping.

Reply to
Ed Paasch

Check out Good To Go Models at

Ed, the owner, is a friend of mine. His focus is on CL Stunt and he carries pretty much the entire Sig and Brodak lines along with some things from other companies making CL equipment. His web site needs to be updated as he is out of Sig Magnum kits. He is very helpful and if you need it is willing to spend the time with you to sort out problems. Bob Furr

Reply to
icerinkdad

Eugene Toy and Hobby. There is a plethora of control line activity in Oregon - as well as the largest C/L competition outside the Nats. That would be the NW Regionals where every C/L event in the book is flown.

This link will get you started:

Cisco Kid

This one is *GREAT!!!*

Cisco Kid