Engine recommendation continued

A slightly different question today. Who makes engines today, who sells engines *today*? 1/2a, bigger? Who are the manufacturers still in this
business?
Zootal wrote:

The big names that come to my mind are:
OS for everything Norvel for 1/2A up to .25 -- they get good reviews; I even have one but I haven't fired it up. Mecoa has collected most of the 'also rans' under one roof; they have HB, K&B, etc. Fox is still in the business. Saito for 4-strokes.
There are more, but I mostly fly electric...
--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
Tim Wescott wrote:

PAW. For diesels Laser for big putputs. Enya IIRC are still there.
Glow engine manufacturers:
O.S. Max Thunder Tiger Magnum/ASP/Sanye/Tiger Shark Super Tigre GMS Evolution JBA SK/Kangke Saito MECOA (including K&B, HP, HB, RJL) Enya Novell Aviatronics (Aviastar) Moki/Mark Fox Megatech Cox RCV Rossi Jett Engineering YS Engines Tower Hobbies Webra
This list should include most of the glow engine manufacturers still in business. MDS may still be manufacturing engines, but I don't know of any current distributors for their product. This list does not include gas engine manufacturers.

Oops, change "Novell" to "Norvel."

refer to:

refer to: "Engines,Plugs,Tuning, Petrol, Turbines, Mufflers, Cleaning, etc" sub section Glow, Diesel & CO2 Engines - all (Home pages)
AP Engines (Sanye Machinery Co Ltd.) ASP engines (A.S.P.) (Sanye Machinery Co Ltd.) Aviastar Engines Axe Motor Rossi (previously known as "Rossi") Cen Racing - Includes good care & maintenance and tuning of engines. Cox Engines COX Control Line, COX R_C, COX Free Flight, COX Glow Engines CS Engines (Raptorz = Meng Ying) Cyclon Engines - FAI & F2B etc. Ru. Davis Diesel Desert Sky Model Aviation _ DN - Re_ OS 120 Gemini power_ Dynamite = Horizon Hobby = rebranded SH Engine Great Hobbies - Tech Talk crankshaft thread sizes Enya Model products Fox engines - manuals Fuji Engine Gasparin's (Stefan ) Miniature CO2 motors. GMS Engines HP Engines Irvine Ltd Irvine Engines JBA engines = Vmax, Jen, Revtech & Pichler etc JELmotors - RC Car Jett Engineering Just Engines K&B index Laser Engines Leo engines Magnum MECA (Model Engine Colletors Assn.) homepage ModelEngine.com - K & B, Mecoa, HB, HP, Kavan, Fuji Moki engine Moki MP Jet MVVS - Just Engines MVVS model engines - Pe Reivers Nelson Engines - Performance Specialties NitroReview_reviews of almost every car_truck engine Norvel Novarossi micro engines OFNA Racing - Nitro Engines OPS engines O.S. Engines O.S. Wankel reviews and adjustments PAW diesel engines [Progressive Aero Works] Picco (aka Omega and/or Omega Picco) RCV Engines Ltd RJL,Kavan<Mecoa,Sophia,HP Saito - Horizon Saito - Brenton Watkins - hints and tips Sanye Machinery Co.,Ltd = ASP, AP, Magnum,SC etc SH Car Engines (aka Dynamite, Sportsworks, LRP, XTM) Sharma Model Aero Engines and Propellers SIRIO Star-Motor Engeneering Super Tigre (see also " Carbs & Tuning") Tartan Engines Thunder Tiger Engines-Airplane: GP Series Thunder Tiger Engines-Airplane: PRO Series Thunder Tiger Engines: Airplane: 4-Stroke Series Thunder Tiger Engines: Car & Buggy Series Thunder Tiger Engines: Heli Series Tiger Shark Engines - China Tiger Shark Engines - USA - Toki - Shuwa Industries jp. Two Stroke and Four Stroke Engines Webra Motor YS - Japan YS engines - USA
Jet Engines, Jetex, Pulse Jets and Turbines
Airtoi micro turbine specs database Airtoi, Jet related links AMT Advanced Micro Turbines AMT USA, Aviation Microjet Technology Azznett - turbine fittings BVM Jets Crazy jet engine uses*** Cruise Missile - D.I.Y.*** Gas Turbine Builders Association Homebuilt Jet Engines Home made jet & pulsejet engine Jet Powered Models, Pulse Jets Jetex Engineering -- Microjet Propulsion Lab -- Rocket Science Institute Jetex Klub Modelarstwa Lotniczego Model Mechanics SA - Turbines Pulse jet & V1 detail Pulse Jet Engines Pulse Jet power & models Rocket Research Pulse Jet SimJet Micro Turbines Tamjets Turbo Jet Turbines, homebuilt FAQ pictures etc Wren Turbines Ltd
Petrol engines, carburettors and ignition systems
Pro Spark Ignition systems First Place Gas Engines Quadra Aerrow. Engines, 2 Stroke Engines, UAV, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, Model Aircraft Gas Motors - Set Up,Running, Trouble Shooting Engines-Vol I No. 1 Pg 16 _ Power and Economy From Quadra B & B Specialties, Inc. = Quadra USA BME Engines Carr Precision CH Ignition systems Cheetah - Reids Quality Models Conley Precision Engines. 1/4 scale V8 etc. Convert Glow to Petrol - Spark Ignition DA engines -Desert Aircraft -- Giant Scale Engines, Kits and Accessories D&B Engines by Ridge Machine Erickson Motors - Migrating Combustion Chamber. Falkon electronic [electronic ignition for ZDZ etc] FAQ for Gas beginners - email Alan, address at top, for details. First Place Engines! Fox Engines Fuji Engines Gas Engines J& A Engineering Kavan MacMinarelli - Italy Mathe - Italy Moki Engines MVVS Quadra Q35-40-42, US35-41 Parts Breakdown, RCS ENGINES = Moki engines & ZDZ Ryobi - 31cc conversion Sachs Dolmar Stihl - How to convert 27cc Strictly I.C. - Magazine on Miniature Internal Combustion Engines Taurus Engines 3W Motors U.S. Engines YW Gasoline engine Zenoah Engines Zenoah - giant scale engines Zenoah, Titan etc - Toni Clark ZDZ - modelmotor, Czech Republic
Steam Engines & Sterling Engines
The Flying Steam Engine A Stirling engine which runs on a coffee cup by JL Naudin Mamod - Steam Engines and Vehicles. SteaMECH - Live Steam Engine Models Stirling Engines other sub sections include
Animated Engines = Co2, Wankel, Gnome Rotary and many more
Bearings, Metal Working, Mufflers, Tuned Pipes.
Carburettors, Tuning & Performance Testing, Glow Plugs.
Cleaning & Starter Motors (Homemade & On board)
Engine Noise Reduction & Engine - Propeller combination test results
Regards Alan T. Alan's Hobby Model & RC Web Links http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~atong

Thanks everyone for the great response. One more question - I live in a remote area, and hobby shops here are few and far between. Any recommendations for an online supplier of engines and supplies in general?

I'm assuming you live in the US, sorry if the assumption is wrong.
Tower Hobbies at www.towerhobbies.com Hobby People at www.hobbypeople.net Horizon Hobby Distributors (I forget their URL) Hobby Lobby International " RJL/Mecoa at www.mecoa.com
All of the above have provided excellent service for well over a decade. Some even longer.
Good luck.
Ed Cregger

Oh, sorry - I live in Lebanon, Oregon. There is a hobby shop in Albany, about 10 miles away, but I said "control line" and they gave me dumb looks. There are probably some good ones in Salem, that is about 40 miles. I make it to Portland from time to time, but I prefer mail order/ebay when possible.
Thunder Tiger offers a fairly full range of 2-stroke and 4-stroke glow engines ranging from .07 cu inches to 1.2 cu inches in size. Thunder Tiger engines are very high quality, easy to tune and maintain, and are more economically priced than other premium 2-strokes.
You can find a complete catalog of Thunder Tiger engines along with spare parts at http://www.thundertiger4u.com They offer fast shipping, very good service, and low pricing on Thunder Tiger and Ace Hobby products. Shipping is free for orders over $150.
Happy shopping.
"Ook" <Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the Don't send me any freakin' spam> wrote in message

Check out Good To Go Models at
http://home.alltel.net/ai25116 /
Ed, the owner, is a friend of mine. His focus is on CL Stunt and he carries pretty much the entire Sig and Brodak lines along with some things from other companies making CL equipment. His web site needs to be updated as he is out of Sig Magnum kits. He is very helpful and if you need it is willing to spend the time with you to sort out problems. Bob Furr
"Ook" <Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the Don't send me any freakin' spam> wrote in message

Eugene Toy and Hobby. There is a plethora of control line activity in Oregon - as well as the largest C/L competition outside the Nats. That would be the NW Regionals where every C/L event in the book is flown.
This link will get you started:
http://home.att.net/~philbrown36641s5/clhomepage.html
"Ook" <Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the Don't send me any freakin' spam> wrote in message

This one is *GREAT!!!*
http://flyinglines.org/