exp. date for gp glue

Does anybody know how to interpret the expiration date on the GP CA glue bottles? GP makes a big point of having this, then uses some obscure code. Is "205" May, 2002? Is "510" October, 2005?

Peter

Reply to
PeCReyner

Email Great Planes product support here, and let us know the answer:

Tom

obscure code. Is

Reply to
Tom Johnson

I'm not certai of this but based upon my military backgroung I'd say that

205 would be Feb of 2005 and 510 would be May of 2010. Just my .02

Reply to
Black Cloud

Yep, I did Email great planes and here is their reply:

Hello,

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

The expiration should be listed with the month and then the year, atleast it was on every bottle that I've ever checked.

(routine stuff snipped)

Sincerely, Adam W. Product Support

Peter.

Reply to
PeCReyner

They are saying that a bottle of CA will be good 6-7 years from now??? NOT LIKELY! The manufacturers state a one year shelf life if properly stored.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

no matter what brand I get, it always seems to 'expire' in about 3 months!

Reply to
jeboba

Paul, I thought the expiration date seemed excessively long but I didn't argue the point with Great Planes. I'll just make sure the bottles I buy have at least 6 years left on them. Kind of like buying Duracell batteries.

Reply to
PeCReyner