P-51 and Tip Stalls

I would look at radio interference or possibly something wrong with the radio system. I have had several similar problems and It was both (different radios) of the above.

Reply to
zara

Thanks for the replies...ruled out snickering buddies there were 3 of us and we're all on different channels...no one else was flying but me, and they were standing beside me with no Xmitter in hand. Besides any "buddy" who would attempt something like that wouldn't be a buddy much longer. My guess then would have to be interference of some kind. Checked and double checked security of servos and TX range, also wings are held on by screws...guess it must have been a fluke, it was quite awsome though as it was a perfect snap roll. Will have to see if it happens again.... thanks again.

Carl

Reply to
CarlP

Pardon, but what brand of receiver do you have again, and how is the antenna configured?

Reply to
John Alt

receiver is a Blue Bird single conversion and the antenna exits the bod

at the receiver and drags below and behind from that point. Car

-- Carl

----------------------------------------------------------------------- CarlP's Profile:

this thread:

CarlP

If you are referring to the $19.95 BMR-04, aka "Bummer", I am sorry to say it's a case of getting what you paid for. There are a few acceptable single conversion units out there, but they are more sophisticated than this thing. Stick it in a foamy or some other small, expendable ship that you aren't going to get more than a football field away from, and accept the occasional glitch as an opportunity to practice recovery methods. If you don't want to put up with glitches, you need dual conversion, or equivalent (JR).

Reply to
John Alt

I have a few (6) of these RXs and have had no problems. Also the one i

the p51 was in a Tiger moth which I retired. Never had an incident wit the Moth. On the day of the 51 incident I flew 2 other planes with th same model RX in them and had no issues. Only incident I've ever had was with the 51 and that's why I thought i might have been caused by the flight tendencies of the 51. Car

-- Carl

this thread:

CarlP

Unless I missed it, no one has suggested an explanation that might fit, the switch on the plane may be going intermittent. It has been the cause of several near crashes on some of my models as on some of the others flying with me, over the years. Admittedly, it is rarely identified as the cause, but it really does occur more than most flyers realize. I know it caused one of my crashes, and I admit I should have recognized it was failing before I took off. Too late, it bit me! Frankly the switches furnished with most radios are the weakest link in the system. Suggest everyone think carefully about some of their near crashes and actual crashes - could the switch have failed?

Olin McDaniel, AMA 30932

Reply to
Olin K. McDaniel