futaba usb cable

ok..this has probably been asked many times but since Ive just discovered newsgroups in general..I hope that the question will be ok here..

I am returning to RC after 20 years absent and have purchased a Futaba 6EXA and would like to know if anyone has or can point me to where I can buy a USB cable for it to hook up to my PC??

Ive decided that I want to get back in the air with a resonable chance of not breaking it to badly the first day out(the plane that is)

thanks in advance.. I.McF.

Reply to
I.McF.

refer to the Hitec USB cable which fits Hitec, Futaba and JR.

very well with all my TX (Hitec, Futaba & JR} but if your TX model has the new square trainer socket, then you will need to make a very easy DIN to new square plug adaptor as per
problem being which country you are in as to present availability of the square plug - from most up to date electronic supplies stores or simply buy a trainer lead, cut it two pieces and sell one half to a local flier - easy but Futaba leads are more expensive than same parts from your LHS or electronic supplies shop. regards Alan T. Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

A.T.

You can get one from here:

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan

The most cost effective way IMHO is to get a $14 "dual analog" usb controller from best-buy (do they have those in Canada?) or for even cheaper off of ebay.

  1. It save wear and tear on your transmitter and batteries.
  2. You won't accidently be controlling someones plane ;)
  3. You get a game controller out of the deal.
  4. It has two pads on it with a fair bit of throw that you use like joysticks and will give you all the muscle memory you need to fly yer basic RC airplane with a regular radio.

Also look into downloading FMS, it is a free simulator.

Reply to
Steve Banks

Futaba square plugs available here:

two off them. Fits nice. Daniel

Reply to
Daniel

Interface Vendors

aeropal

What are the minimum PC requirements for FMS?

I have considered trying it after reading it's praises on this NG, but don't know if my PC can cope.

Thanks,

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Fisher