3D demo

I ain't much of a 3D fan, but this is awesome.............

Bill Fulmer

| I ain't much of a 3D fan, but this is awesome............. | |

It's definately impressive.

Judging from the titles, and the flying, it was done on a simulator rather than a real plane. Which makes sense -- I would imagine that if somebody tried to do this routine in a real plane, they'd spend a lot of time repairing it :)

I wonder if Aerofly Pro Deluxe lets you save flights? i.e. does it save the position of the plane, orientation of the plane, position of the control surfaces many times each second and let you play that back? If so, a little editing of that save file would be helpful in bringing the plane much closer to the ground like it was in the movie.

I'm not saying that this is what was done, but if I wanted to make a movie like that, it's what I'd have to do :)

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Get real. Fake. Even if you think it's real, it looks like a cartoon even to the most casual observer. Dan

Reply to
dancutter

two people said that this was fake. I'd really would like to know how, as I don't recall seeing simulators show debris and grass that well.

of course, i haven't looked at sims lately. maybe the cutting edge stuff does sim grass as relistically as this.

i'll admit, it does look imposible to pull this stuff off *that* low to the ground, and in almost perfect sync with the music.

still entertaining tho.....

Reply to
tater schuld

| two people said that this was fake. I'd really would like to know how, as I | don't recall seeing simulators show debris and grass that well.

Only one person said it was fake -- dancutter.

Two more people (including myself) have said it's a simulator. Not quite the same thing, though one could certainly argue that simulator = fake.

As for how to tell, can't you read the title?

Maarten De Moor aka Doc. insane presenting Aerofly Pro Deluxe

and at the end

Thanks to www.can't-read-it.de (ipaci?)

Also, while the low resolution and compression artifacts make it hard to tell that it's all computer generated, there's still some other hints --

-- the plane is always perfectly centered in the picture left to right, and most of the time top to bottom.

-- the camera doesn't shake at all. Seriously, this guy must have some serious equipment and skills.

-- the `shine' on the plane when close up doesn't quite look right.

-- the smoke is too perfect, and just disappears rather than dissipating like real smoke would.

-- while impressive, the flying is often done SO low that many planes would be trashed making this video.

(even doing it on the simulator would be hard. I suspect that a playback file was edited and then replayed, or maybe Doc. insane really is that good -- or just tried over and over and over and over ...)

| of course, i haven't looked at sims lately. maybe the cutting edge stuff | does sim grass as relistically as this.

Yes, they do. It's not really difficult -- take real pictures of a real field, and then use that. Since you're not interacting with the grass, there's no need for it to be anything more than that.

Really, this movie is probably meant as an advertisement for Aerofly Pro Deluxe more than anything else -- and it's a pretty good one.

| i'll admit, it does look imposible to pull this stuff off *that* low to the | ground, and in almost perfect sync with the music.

The music is added later. You can sync it up any way you want. That's pretty normal for any movie, no matter how it's made, as long as the creator puts in the effort. Computers make it fairly simple to do.

| news:VsnSd.1$Sn6.0@lakeread03... | > I ain't much of a 3D fan, but this is awesome............. | >

Doug McLaren

Indoor Electric 3D

aeropal

Reply to
Dana Hughes

As others have indicated it's a simulator of some kind. However, assuming the whole flight was done by a human (no clever editing or computerised flying) it's very impressive.

Any case, great to watch.

PS. Nice attempt to duplicate digi-cams loosing focus at several points.

Reply to
The Raven

A little OT but the Aerofly is awesome. I have Aerofly, G2, and G3 installed and the only reason I don't sell G2 & G3 is so I can demo the difference to friends. BTW, G3 is a disaster. Try Aerofly and you won't look back. I'd like to try the MRC but I'm waaay over budget on sims :)

Reply to
Ed Forsythe

Yep... I'm afraid it AeroFly Professional. AeroFly can do it all... right down to the blowing grass. Need more proof? Go to this Ikarus web site. In the left hand margin you will see a computer monitor that says VIDEO... You gotta see this

Look familiar?

Elton

Reply to
eltonnoway