s7-200 PPI cable

Hi! I have just bought a simatic s7-214 and need to build an interface converter from rs-232 to PPI. Does anyone have information or has build his own cable? I know that the PPI interface is RS-485, but how is communication control (direction) managed? Is it over RTS Signal from PC-side, or is it dominant / recessive bus state?

Thanx in advance!

Greetings, Paul

Reply to
Paul Mengeringhausen

I suggest that you buy the interface cable.

Reply to
Mickey