USB frame grabber

hi to all!!!!!!!!! can you please suggest me some video processors that i want to include in my design of USB frame grabber.let me be more clear.i am under
process of designing of one frame grabber board which will receive input from USB cameras via USB 1.1 port and wil pass the frames to the PC via another USB port.so for this purpose do i need any video processor in my design or as i am receiving the data from USB camera, i just need to send this data to USB port of PC ,no need of any video processor? please suggest me. with regards
Your board will have to have two USB processors on board: a host (to talk to the camera) and a device (to talk to the pc). Any processing you do on the board will be optional.
Marco ________________________ Marc Reinig UCO/Lick Observatory Laboratory for Adaptive Optics

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I don't understand what your 'USB frame grabber' is supposed to do. Why not just have the PC read the frames direct from the camera, as originally designed? The USB camera already has all the processing required to provide digitised frames over USB - that's what makes it a USB camera!
If your device is supposed to add something to the camera functionality - a motorized pan and tilt for a normal webcam, for example - you might want to look at including a USB hub in your design. You can buy ICs which provide USB hub functionality for a few dollars. That way you can separate the USB camera functionality from your own functionality and avoid writing new camera drivers for the host OS, yet still have just one USB cable from your device to the PC.
The Lego Mindstorms Vision Command camera works that way - it appears in the host OS (Windows) as a USB hub with a USB camera and USB microphone attached.
Tim
--
Shares are your votes in a pigologocracy.

Hello Sir! Thank you for your reply! My USB frame grabber board has to communicate with USB camera which is on board(i.e.on say some aircraft) and my frame grabber board is at ground station , that's why I just can't simply plug-in the camera into the PC. With regards Tim Auton wrote: