stepper motor control via USB

hi, Does anyone know how I can control a stepper motor through a USB port (USB only!). know a chip that control a stepper through USB directly? or a chip that parallelizes data from a USB port? Any chip that can get me halfway to controlling it will be valuable info too.

Kunal

Reply to
Kunal

do a search on google for USB stepper control or motor control there are several off the shelf USB/motor control products available.

If you want to do it yourself, you could use a FT245BM from ftdichip.com, which implements a USB to parallel interface that looks like a serial port from the PC side. To this, you could interface an H-Bridge (bi-polar), MOSFET driver (unipolar) to drive the stepper motor or one of the stepper controller chips.

->hi,

Reply to
Ingo Cyliax

Reply to