stepper motor control via USB

hi,
Does anyone know how I can control a stepper motor through a USB port
(USB only!).
know a chip that control a stepper through USB directly? or a chip
that parallelizes data from a USB port?
Any chip that can get me halfway to controlling it will be valuable
info too.
Kunal
Reply to
Kunal
do a search on google for USB stepper control or motor control there are several off the shelf USB/motor control products available.
If you want to do it yourself, you could use a FT245BM from ftdichip.com, which implements a USB to parallel interface that looks like a serial port from the PC side. To this, you could interface an H-Bridge (bi-polar), MOSFET driver (unipolar) to drive the stepper motor or one of the stepper controller chips.
-ingo
Reply to
Ingo Cyliax
Phidgets is working on one.
Does anyone know how I can control a stepper motor through a USB port
Reply to
Steve Parus