stepper motor control via USB

hi, Does anyone know how I can control a stepper motor through a USB port (USB only!). know a chip that control a stepper through USB directly? or a chip
that parallelizes data from a USB port? Any chip that can get me halfway to controlling it will be valuable info too.
Kunal
do a search on google for USB stepper control or motor control there are several off the shelf USB/motor control products available.
If you want to do it yourself, you could use a FT245BM from ftdichip.com, which implements a USB to parallel interface that looks like a serial port from the PC side. To this, you could interface an H-Bridge (bi-polar), MOSFET driver (unipolar) to drive the stepper motor or one of the stepper controller chips.
-ingo

--
/* Ingo Cyliax, snipped-for-privacy@ezcomm.com, Tel: 812-391-0895 */

Phidgets is working on one.