Stepper motor driver/controller with USB

Hello, I am a student industrial engineer. For my graduating project I have a mini CNC Mill Machine, driven by 3 stepper motors (xyz). But the
drives/controller + software are gone. So it is my job to make this machine working again, so that other students can use it again. I'm looking for a stepper motor drive and controller for these 3 motors that connects with PC by USB and which I can integrate with my program (I'm gonna use common languages (visual, c++, (labview?)... for the program). Here is some information about the motors: Japan servo KP6P8 Stepper Motor (unipolar) 4phase 7.5 deg/step 12V 0.33Amp/phase 36 Ohm/phase holding torque 800 gf.cm detent torque 160 gf.cm rotor inertia 23,7 g.cmē. Can anyone help me a bit further please. Many thanks, Rik snipped-for-privacy@skynet.be
Add pictures here
✖

If it isn't obvious how can you possibly graduate?
If I tell you how to do it can I graduate to? Mother would be so proud :o)
best regards
Robin G Hewitt CMIT
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:12:42 +0000 (UTC), "Robin G Hewitt"

Yuk! Yuk! Yuk! Duhhh... ;-)
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Rik) wrote in message
Take a look at the Gecko G2002...
John Kasunich
Add pictures here
✖

Only 300ma per phase? Those are some teeny tiny little motors. Probably slow too.
You say you are an industrial engineer? Do it the IE way: spec, buy, test, use.
3-axis 2.5amp microstepping driver: $125 at http://www.xylotex.com CNC software: Free (or $20 if you want the source) at http://www.dakeng.com
Uses the parallel port, which actually can be pretty fast (much faster than you'll get out of those steppers).
Tada. Passing grade. Happy graduation.
I actually just finished cutting a part on my homebuilt minimill, using the above solution.
Add pictures here
✖
Geckodrives is coming out with a low cost solution. Checkout the G2000 at www.geckodrive.com
Dan