Stepper Motor Contoller

I want to control a unipolar stepper motor with a phase current of 1 amp and a 0.37mNm holding torque, it also has 8 lead. I was wondering
if anyone can suggest a controller to use. I will be also using labview.
PJ McLoughlin wrote:

More information needed:
Voltage rating?
Desired stepping speed?
Approximate winding inductance?
Number of phases?
With 8 leads, it could be a two-phase motor configurable for series or parallel unipolar, or four-phase split-winding bipolar.
LabView is a program. There must be a hardware interface to the motor itself.
Jerry

A controller/driver that accepts high level commands such as goto position X and generates the correct pulse sequence on-board with ability to set speed and acceleration, etc. Serial port devices for around $100.:
Dual axis, bipolar and unipolar capable: http://www.stepperboard.com /
No power off retention of acceleration etc values, but this single axis one does : http://www.weedtech.com /