Stepper Motor Help

I really did my own research but can not find anything on this servo. I checked the Minebea site, Astrosyn site, and still can't get the
information to control the motor. Any help appreciated. Astrosyn Miniangle Stepper Type 23LM-K202 4.0V/Phase 1.1A/Phase 1.8 Deg/Step No. T8907 Minbea Co. Ltd 765-01 Thailand TIA, Tom
No problem. We'll get you going.
1) How many wires are there coming out of the motor? 2) What is the resistance between each pair of wires? (Make a little chart and post it) From that, we can make some guesses as to the internal wiring, and get you going.
Do you want to build your own controller or do you want to buy one?
Do you want smaller than 1.8 degree steps?
Do you want a LOT smaller than 1.8 degree steps?
These answers will help us help you choose a controller.
--
- Alan Kilian <kilian(at)timelogic.com>

Hi Alan, Thanks for your help.
There are six wires from the motor. They are attached to a connector in this order : black, red, r/w, white, green, g/w.
Ignoring polarity, which was found to be unimportant, there are 14 combinations.
Disregarding the opens the resistances are: green to white -3.6 Ohms g/w to white - 3.6 Ohms green to g/w - 7.2 Ohms
black to red - 3.6 Ohms black to r/w - 3.6 Ohms red to r/w - 7.2 Ohms
Seems to me that white is the ct for one phase and black is the ct for the other phase. Black's phases are red and r/w, white's phases are green and g/w. My assumptions could be wrong. I can build the controller, or buy one. I would like to see a schematic and decide. Very Best Regards, Tom
Tom Biasi wrote:

---------------------- Keep track of that, and which end is which.

---------------------------- White is common/center-tap.

------------------------------ Black is common/center-tap.

-------------- Yup, this is a unipolar stepper, and it needs the common positive supply connected to black and white, and then each arm needs an NPN or else an N-channel MOSFET to ground. Then the base or else gate to ground is the control for the motor. Only with red and one with green should be activated at the same time. The four states of this will operate according to the typical quardrature truth-table.

-------------------- Here:
http://www.armory.com/~rstevew/Public/Motors/Steppers/stpcircuit.gif
http://www.armory.com/~rstevew/Public/Motors/Steppers/stepper1.gif
http://www.armory.com/~rstevew/Public/Motors/Steppers/stprcntl.gif
http://www.armory.com/~rstevew/Public/Motors/Steppers/ArtHarrison/stepper.gif
http://www.armory.com/~rstevew/Public/Motors/Quadrature/DigitalQuadratureGen.gif
-Steve
--
-Steve Walz snipped-for-privacy@armory.com ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!! With Schematics Galore!!

Thanks Steve.

If the black and white wires are insulated from one another, the OP could probably leave the black and white wires disconnected and just use it as a bipolar stepper.
Anthony Fremont wrote:

---------------- True, but who wants to? Unipolar's are easier to control, precisely because you don't NEED H-Bridges!
-Steve
--
-Steve Walz snipped-for-privacy@armory.com ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!! With Schematics Galore!!

use
Hey, I was just sayin'. I suppose that someone that wanted more output torque might want to drive it as a bipolar. You still NEED output drivers, it's not like H-bridges are a whole order of magnitude more complicated.
Anthony Fremont wrote:

----------------- Okay, but a unipolar's coils are typically higher resistance than a decent bipolar, and have less torque when treated as bipolar.
-Steve