Stepper Motor

Hey all :)
I have a stepper motor here off of what I am told was a coke machine. The person offering me the motor suggests it is possibly a 120V motor but
looking at other motors in the range I suspect different.
Sanyo-Denki StepSyn DC 9A 1.8 Deg per step Type 103H8223-5441
Unfortunately the Sanyo-Denki site does not list motors in terms of the voltages and the like that drive them. I guess they just sell the controllers.
Any info appreciated. -- ______________________________ Reply to the group. ______________________________ I could have the cure for cancer on my system. Computer Viruses mess with us all.
It has removed 699 spam emails to date.
Cameron Gibbs wrote:

Then measure the dc coil resistance. Combine that with the coil current, that you know, and you have the coil voltage to use. It almost certainly is not going to be a 120v motor.
Actually - it is probably going to handle about the same amount of power as any stepper motors of a similar size. Find one that you do know the voltage and coil resistance of and use that power as a guide.
You can measure your motor's coil resistance and then simply use a driving voltage nearest to that which would dissipate about the same amount of power.
--
Sue

Thankyou much :)
-- ______________________________ Reply to the group. ______________________________ I could have the cure for cancer on my system. Computer Viruses mess with us all.