16th edition without college

I'd like to pass 16th edition exam without college.
I am foreginer and I am graduate electrical engineering college abroad
so my papers are invalid in UK.
It is posible to get qualification without college?
How to book 16th edition exam in that way?
Many thanks.
Reply to
Loading thread data ...
You might find a college willing to enter you for the exam without attending a course, but you will still need to attend the college for the exam. IEE does the course and exam in something like 2-3 contiguous days, but that's a very expensive option relative to attending a Further Education college for a few hours a week for 10 weeks.
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel
hi, i recently did the 2381 course via distance learning due to the fact i couldn't get the time off work to attend college(i work full time as a sparks)the course fees are about 280 quid inc. exam ...the exam has to be taken within 2 years i think...hope this helps, p.s. you need more than 16th edition to work in uk as a sparks,preferably 236 pt 1 & 2...
Reply to
Ian Boyd
you can work as an electrician in the uk without any qualifications.
I know people who a registered with an approved part P scheme that have no formal electrical qualifications.
I think they recommend 236 pt1&2 or 'equivalent experience'
Reply to

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.