nice exhibition on saturday 16th may

There is a superb exhibition coming up this Saturday May 16th. St. Clare's Newton Aycliffe

St Clare's Rectory St Cuthbert Way Newton Aycliffe DL5 5NT More info is on the Shildon mrc web site...

Simon G

Reply to
simon

Is there a collection plate at the door?

Reply to
MartinS

Th Hand of God (TM) uncoupling system will be demonstrated at this exhibition.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Dont think so lol. Just a small entrance cost Simon G looking forward to a frendly day out ( cash in pocket ready for a couple of bits and bobs )

Reply to
simon

Bit far perhaps, we're off to Mickleover/Derby this weekend, was a good one last year.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

"simon" wrote

Oh dear when I saw 'nice' I thought you were giving me an excuse to shoot off down to the South of France. :-(

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Now, that would be Nice. ;-)

Reply to
MartinS

"MartinS" wrote

It should have been Nice anyway - it was the first word of a sentence/title/subject line! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

You could get a deck chair, and sit by the road outside your shop, buy some crepes and imagine. Anyway went to the show, it was good, but I have seen two of the layouts before. There is another show in two weeks in the same area, more layouts, and moor traders, different club, which is in spennymoor

30th & 31st May Spennymoor Town Hall, High Street, Spennymoor
bought a few things at the show, and no doubt will buy some stuff in a couple of weeks too Simon G
Reply to
simon

In message , John Turner writes

That just about takes the biscuit!

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Oh crumbs!

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamends

Oh tmeal!

Reply to
MartinS

Friendly bunch at this show.

Top marks go to Nettlebridge Valley Railway. Scenery esp trees, grass, rocks and landscaping excellent. Industrial set - logging yard - also excellent. locos - all kits/modified/scratch, industrial and pre-group were very well put together, good slow runners and good selection. operators were approachable and friendly - so have to revise opinion of p4 modellers. Now the best bit - his nibs spent half an hour at one of the controllers under instruction - and seemed wellcome !

so 200 % for that layout and the operators.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon
[St. Clare's Show, Newton Aycliffe]

Pretty common in the North East, particularly in the smaller shows. Glad to hear that the show went well, Dad and I couldn't make it because we were showing Thorpe Thewles at the Boro show - which was also excellent (the show, and the running of the layout after we'd sorted out the odd electrical problems).

The WRLPG show at Spenny is always good, IME. You'll see at least one layout you've seen before there too - Dad's taking Dalefoot (Bridge Road).

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell

Reply to
simon

I didn't want that to sound like a bad thing, and to be able to put it into a better way... It was good to see a few layouts again, to see detailing that wasn't seen / noticed before, etc Simon G

Reply to
simon

I certainly recommend it. We turned up early to set up so I'm not sure exactly whats showing but the Shildon lads have done a lot of rennovation work on Shildon (OO) and the excellent Kepier Colliery is there and well worth an extended look.

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell

[Layouts seen before]

Oh, no offence taken and I knew you didn't mean any. :-) Off the top of my head, I can't think of many shows where I hadn't seen at least one of the layouts.

The North-East scene often features 'layouts in progress' so later showings of some layouts really do feature detailing that wasn't noticed before - because they hadn't been finished yet. ;-)

Dalefoot (Bridge Road) has been finished for a few years, but we'll be debuting a shiny new J72 and the refurbished 'Teddy Bear'.

Since I'm usually exhibiting with my family, I don't always have time to take a detailed look around all of the layouts so the odd repeat viewing is often handy.

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell