Hornby Railroad Jinty

Does the Hornby Railroad Jinty have fully flanged wheels and no traction tyres? I am led to believe that the other Hornby 0-6-0s have traction tyres on the central wheels, possibly with turned down flanges, but that the Railroad Jinty is different.

Presumably I could fit a Railroad Jinty chassis to an old E2 loco to replace it's chassis, where the centre wheels never touched the tracks?

Is the Railroad Jinty a reasonable runner, or does it zoom off at high speed like Smokey Joe?

Reply to
Gerald H

"Gerald H" wrote

If the Jinty (and I can't lay my hands on one at the moment) has the same chassis as the Railroad 08 diesel shunter (very likely) then it will indeed be sans traction-tyres.

Running qualities are adequate.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

buut the pre-railroad jinty does have them.

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

"simon" wrote

It did indeed, but I suspect the Railroad version (and perhaps the latest ones in the standard range) are free of traction tyres.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Thank you for your help on this. Do you know if the Railroad Jinty chassis will fit in the E2 body? I have the impression that all the basic Hornby 0-6-0s (Jinty, J83, old 08, Thomas, J52) use the same chassis am I correct?

Reply to
Gerald H

"Gerald H" wrote

I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure it will.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

You are correct John, standard one manufactured in 2005 has same centre wheels but no traction tyres and the service sheet on the website says they are no longer fitted.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon