LMS Decals

I want to renumber my Bachmann LMS 0-8-0. I am hoping to only have to change two numbers. Not being well up on insignia, what set of transfers is the same/nearest match to what Bachmann have used.

Cheers.

Reply to
Dobbin

they look like theyre from ... HMRS Transfers 4mm scale Sheet 2a LMS 'Crewe straw' & block style loco & coach ins. Although these look yellow on the sheet, they are straw. Am sure Bachmann have got it right, but those numbers are very big - fading eyes say 18" - but mostly G2's were 14". Tis however a minefield - choose your photo...

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Thaks for that. Dobbin

Reply to
Dobbin

Can't always rely on that, though. We've got an LNER K3 (2934) which they forgot to apply most of the lining on it. They did do the red lines on the cylinders, under the footplate and the white lines on the buffer beams, but didn't bother with the red lines on the boiler bands, cab side or tender.

Always worth checking photos first.

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell

Photos - ha. Spent a lot of time deciding on number for a gem one. Belpaire boiler, correct tender, G2 (not G2A) etc etc.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon