Exhibition in the South West

Just a reminder to all group members in the South West, that the Bristol Society of Model and Experimental Engineers are holding their annual Exhibition of Model Engineering and Hobbies, at the Leisure Centre, Thornbury, South Gloucestershire, from this Friday the 15th of August to Sunday the 17th.

After the success of last year's Exhibition, this year it will be even bigger, with both more models and more club and trade stands.

A club workshop will be operating and demonstrating machining techniques each day.

There is ample car parking on site, and refreshments (and plenty of seating!) are available in the Centre.

The Leisure Centre is at the southern entrance to Thornbury, as accessed via the A38 from Bristol and the M4/M5 Junction at Almondsbury, and it and the Exhibition are well sign-posted.

We hope that you will have an enjoyable visit, and look forward to meeting you.

D.E.Hockin.

BSMEE member.

Reply to
speedy2

Full details are at

speedy2

snip

Umm, no mention of opening (/setup) times. Sorry if this is obvious to seasoned exhibition goers, but this will be a first ( if I can get there) for me,,, so, what time on Fri15 would be a good time (what time does it all "get going" ?)

I have a free day on Fri, but Murphy's Law has conspired against Sat. Sun may be a possibility if I keep my fingers xxed though :)

Oh yes, another thing,,, no mention of admission charge on that link ? Or am I going blind ?? Perhaps it's free ? Or, in that old adage, "if I need to ask the price then I cant afford it" hehee :-))

Reply to
Corncrake

snips

Thanks, I'll be applying to swmbo for my travel permit :)

Reply to
Corncrake