Add, P.O.Wagons

Barry &Penarth MRC currently has the following Limited edition Private owner wagons for sale, produced by Dapol in aid of our project to build an "0" guage model of Crumlin viaduct, details are as follows.

The real Crumlin Viaduct was built of wrought iron in 1854-7 and survived until 1965. It stood 200ft above the valley of the River Ebbw and as such was the highest railway viaduct in the U.K. The model in

7mm/foot will be made mainly of brass and will stand 1.4 meters high and over 22 feet long. (we are not modelling the smaller adjacent Kendon Viaduct.). We have obtained detailed plans of the original from a book first published in 1863, from which we have produced full sized drawings of one the main piers and a truss. One and a half hundredweight of brass tube, wire and strip has been purchased and a start will be made on the Isabella Pier in January. We hope to be able to complete this in time to exhibit it at the Bristol Model Railway Exhibition in May 2005. When complete the viaduct will be linked to the two existing travers (which will need increasing in height), which will allow 16 trains to be operated across the bridge in sequence. Hence the model will in effect be a working diorahma to show off the large collection of O-gauge models built and owned by club members. More information on the construction will be available on the Club's web-site at:

We have a limited number of the following left from previous runs oflimited edtion wagons as of 15th January.

Stuart Coal Company. = 3 left from 100

South Wales Portland cement Lime wagon = 18 left from 115

Our Current "New" wagon which is incorrectly listed on the dapol website as "Barry&Penarth 7plank" is "T.L. Williams of Penarth" and is a 7 plank end tip wagon, body dark red, lettering white, shaded black. We have about 80 left from a run of 120 although these have not been widely advertised as yet.

We also have about 20 C.H.Taylor wagons at £5 each. These are not limited but appear in the Dapol range.

Our next batch of new wagons will be

7 plank end tip, Leadbeter of Newport and Cardiff, grey body, lettering white shaded black. Run of 120

7 plank end tip, Barry Coal Co., Black body, lettering white shaded black Run of 120

7 plank end tip, Davies Brothers of Crumlin, black body, unshaded white lettering. Run of 120

Covered lime wagon, Llanharry Limestone and Gravel Coy., body cream, roof white, lettering black shaded red. This will be numbered 37, instead of the previous wagon which was 33 which sold out almost exclusivley to club members. Run of 100

The new wagons will appear on the club's website once artwork has been received from Dapol. The URL is:

All CURRENT limited Editions are £6.50 each plus P&P. The new wagons which are not expected until June/July are likely to see a price increase due to Dapol increasing their prices, it is hoped it will be no more than 25 per wagon extra.

All enquiries can be sent to snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com

Thanks,

Simon Evans

Reply to
piemanlarger

Opps, Forgot to add if any one has information on Crumlin Viaduct if they could forward it to me, it would be gratefully received.

Simon Evans

Reply to
piemanlarger

Good grief and good luck!! It should be a fantastic model and I look forward to seeing it at Bristol in 2005.

Will you be exhibiting there this year?

Pete

Reply to
mutley