Enstone on Saturday

My diary tells me it is the Enstone engine jumble on Saturday. Here are some directions from the M5 - add or subtract as required..

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Enstone Airfield

Leave M5 at J 11A.

A417. SO A436.

Junction of A417/A429, TL Bourton on the Water.

A429 to Stow on the Wold. TR A436

Junction A436/A44, TR A44 - Chipping Norton.

by-pass Chipping Norton continuing on the A44.

2.9 miles after the traffic lights to the east of Chipping Norton, you enter the 30mph limit signifying the start of Enstone village.

300m after the 30 limit signs turn left, signposted Church Enstone and Bicester.

Continue round the back of Enstone village, through Church Enstone, across the B4022/B4030 junction.

The entrance to the airfield is 0.75 mile on your left from this point.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

I almost always contrive to get lost on this one. Is the correct entrance off the B4022 or B4030?

Nick H

B4022. Well that's the way I always go.

John

Reply to
John

Look for "Vintage Sale" signs in the hedgeback around the airfield.

It starts at 9.30, but sellers continue to arrive throughout the morning. It finishes when the last one goes home! I'm rarely there past noon and by then many are making their way out but some buyers are still coming in.

It's nowhere near the size of The Sodbury Sortout, but you often find some interesting stuff to take home, sometimes for not a lot.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Yes me as well, new to the 'game' as Richard calls it (one engine almost completed), didn't know either - guess I will pick up the set of dates as time goes by for various events.

Any more of these jumbles ?

Kenneth John Russell

There is always a well stocked club stand at the Several Hundred Engine rally at Astle Park

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Diplomacy done, plates spun, fires fought, maidens eaten - well, three out of four ain't bad

"Kenneth John Russell" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@newspe.com...

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Gentlemen,

Good hunting, will not be attending said affair as I am otherwise engaged.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Sadly, I won't be coming this time, as having had a day off on Monday at Internal Fire, I need to get up to date with various lambing season chores here. Consequently, there will be loads of bargains no doubt!

Still, not long now until rally season :-).

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

"John" wrote

Quite right. I can see where I've gone wrong before, turned right on to the

4030 instead of dog-legging across it to stay on the 4022. That way you get to see quite a bit of the airfield but can only get into a little industrial estate area!
Reply to
Nick H