Enstone this Saturday

My usual public service announcement ;o)) Entry from 9.00am

Enstone Airfield - OX7 4NP

Leave M5 at J 11A.

A417. SO A436.

Junction of A417/A429, TL Bourton on the Water.

A429 to Stow on the Wold. TR A436

Junction A436/A44, TR A44 - Chipping Norton.

by-pass Chipping Norton continuing on the A44.

2.9 miles after the traffic lights to the east of Chipping Norton, you enter the 30mph limit signifying the start of Enstone village.

300m after the 30 limit signs turn left, signposted Church Enstone and Bicester.

Continue round the back of Enstone village, through Church Enstone, across the B4022/B4030 junction.

The entrance to the airfield is 0.75 mile on your left from this point.

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

See you there with S-T pump for Mike H, about 2 1/2 80watt charging sets for you and T300 pipes for Martin!

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Will be there with a trailer full, particularly loads of Stainless Castor wheels.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Thanks Nick I've stripped the R2 pumper and I'm surprised it ran so well .No head or cyl base gasketsjust a smear of silicone instant gasket muck,waterways all but blocked,top ring missing and one cyl stud snapped and just placed in the hole ,oh and load of brown gunge in the fuel tank. I've crossed Kims palm with a large tin of rivets so he will collect pump for me and look afterit until we return. from our weeks R&R in Coalbrookdale.Many places in the region to revisit. Mike.H.

Reply to
Mike.H.

Gentlemen,

Well Gents I froze my whatsits off again today, saw Nick H and a bunch of other reprobates including PTE but no Kim or Mike H. Went home with cash is pocket, castors are a good seller :-)) via Nailsworth as I had arranged to collect a Lister Jet Pump I had bought. Buyers were very thin on the ground but my two mates and I went home happy.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Any reason for the lack of buyers that you could see, Martin?

Enstone is usually well-attended, although the weather forecast was for heavy rain, which didn't appear at all over here.

Spent the whole day doing nothing but engine stuff, which I thoroughly enjoyed!

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Rain didn't start till we left a little before 13:00, no idea why no buyers.

Reply to
campingstoveman

It was b***y cold and I for one prefered to keep my hands warm in pockets. There was certainly lots of folks there. I arrived at about 8.40 and the carpark was almost full. I spent my weeks pocket money mostly on tools. A 12" record G clamp,

18" bolt cutters, a bag of miscelaneous new spanners, cheap digital calipers and a louvred panel to hang my lin bins on was about it. Oh yes, and some of Martins best castors (should I get some castor oil to lubricate them?) Delivered a box full of phones to Dan to take to Internal Fire. What Paul wants with 40+ phones beats me but he asked so shall he receive. It was nice to see so many familiar faces also braving the wind.

John

Reply to
John

I forgot to mention that the wind was created by P T-E :-))

It was b***y cold and I for one prefered to keep my hands warm in pockets. There was certainly lots of folks there. I arrived at about 8.40 and the carpark was almost full. I spent my weeks pocket money mostly on tools. A 12" record G clamp,

18" bolt cutters, a bag of miscelaneous new spanners, cheap digital calipers and a louvred panel to hang my lin bins on was about it. Oh yes, and some of Martins best castors (should I get some castor oil to lubricate them?) Delivered a box full of phones to Dan to take to Internal Fire. What Paul wants with 40+ phones beats me but he asked so shall he receive. It was nice to see so many familiar faces also braving the wind.

John

Reply to
campingstoveman

Rolled in at about nine with a boot full of stuff to deliver, rolled out just before midday to warm up over lunch in Chipping Norton with a small pocket full of odds and ends from the £1 table - which is a good thing! P.T-E and Roland ganged up to try and get me to buy a rather got-at ABC flat twin. At £100 it seemed a bit out of haggling range to me, though it had dissappeared by the time I went back for a second look. Said hi to a few others - Martin, Kim, Dan - must have seen John, but I have yet to put a face to the name. Slightly suprised that the number of sellers had not noticeably increased with the demise of Sodbury, but still a good sale all the same.

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

I missed the ABC - perhaps it came in after I'd gone. Can anyone say if it was a side valve or OHV? They are rare enough in all conscience .........

I bought an Shell Aviation 2 gallon can, some brass caps, a Newton pile avionic voltage regulator - nothing special.

I saw Dan & Nick (the latter kindly presented me with three bitsa EW 80 watts) & a pump for Mike. I had other commitments, so was only there about an hour but I too thought there were few buyers.

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

It was one of Granville's early EOI air-cooled jobs. P.T-E (or was it Roland) opined that it looked like someone had tried to convert it to an engine/compressor combo by modifying one side. Bit too much of a 'project' for £100 I thought. Might have ventured say £40-50 but, as I said, it had gone by the time i went back for a second look.

Nick H

Reply to
NHH

Sorry I missed that one - oh well, can't win them all ;o((

My opinion is that it was a snap at £100 unless there were actually big bits missing - no photos, I assume?

regards,

Kim Siddorn

"NHH" wrote >>

Reply to