Model Motion Shildon NRM

Model Motion

21 and 22 March

At ...

Locomotion: The National Railway Museum at Shildon Shildon Co Durham DL4 1PQ

Has anyone got any more information on this exhibition / show this comming weekend at Shildon NRM

There doesnt seem to be that much info on the web site

Misc

Reply to
misc

misc

Yeah, that's the Ormesby Hall MRG one.

IIRC, they'd approached Hornby for permission to use the Skaledale name as they'd intended to use some buildings from the range, and Hornby generously donated them the whole lot including track and a DCC system. The main thing I like about the layout is the way that all of the structures fit together on it and it really does look the part.

One of the major magazines will be carrying an article on it in advance of the Ormesby Hall show on the 9th and 10th of May.

Unfortunately, my Father and I couldn't exhibit at Model Motion this year as we'd already agreed to show Dalefoot (Bridge Road) at the Perth Green MRC show on the same weekend - they'd had to change from their usual date and the organiser of Model Motion didn't find out until it was too late to make alternative arrangements (he had tried to avoid clashing with other shows in the North East).

The Perth Green show was excellent and we had a great time.

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell

In that case, I'm going to call my next layout "Bachmann Junction" :-)

Mark

Reply to
Mark Goodge

The DCC System was donated by Model Depot, the other bits were from Hornby. Misc

Reply to
Misc

I wouldn't bother, you'd probably end up with all of their remaining J72s. ;-)

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell