for Belgians only : what ever happened to...

the model show at Lier ? It's not mentioned in IPMS Belgium's agenda. Does it still exist ? It was a good show after all, and close to where I live.

Thanks, Pierre Bonheiden

Reply to
Pierre Francois

Hello,

I've have, for the first time, seen some flyers last week so I seems that this show will go on. I think it is on 12/12/04 at the usual place (OC De Mol?).

It isn't mentioned on IPMS Belgium's agenda because no one has yet given some info for inclusion in the agenda. I know because I do the updates for the web site (for now).

Maybe I can give some info on how I do the update for the agenda. Most info comes from flyers picked up by our president or myself at different shows. We used to give as much info as possible (even to displaying the actual flyers on the web site) as an service to the modellers (members or not of IPMS). But in the end we (IPMS Belgium) still get all the negative talk in that we don't do enough for "me the modeller". So now unless the organising club is willing to provide the info the only things mentioned in the agenda are shows and events that we find at shows (and we don't go looking for these flyers).

In the past the organising club at Lier was a local section of IPMS Belgium but like some other club decided that they didn't want to be a local IPMS Belgium section and they went on their own. So I very much doubt they will provide info to us for inclusion in the agenda. In the past I have always visited the modelling show organised by the Lier modelling club (don't know how the club's name is now) because it's a great show (nice location, nice entries in the competition, good amount of clubs and traders).

To end with a little advertising on behalf of IPMS Belgium. This afternoon a group of members start with the placement of the tables at the Oktoberhallen (hall B) in Wieze (about 30 km west of Brussels). for this weekends IPMS Belgium National Convention.

I don't know if your going to this show but if so don't hesitate to try to find me (normally not a big problem as I will be at the entrance).

Here's the list of participants I know off (as per Sep 17):

Traders :

  1. STURM Tiger (BE)
  2. McILLMURRAY John (UK)
  3. Daniel Quintelier (BE)
  4. Vami Models (BE)
  5. PJ Production (BE)
  6. Modellbaustudio Rhein-Ruhr (DE)
  7. MBM Models (NL)
  8. Flash Aviation (NL)
  9. Kit Krazy (UK)
  10. The Aviation Bookshop (UK)
  11. Azimut (FR)
  12. BRACH Model (IT)
  13. ITALIAN KITS (IT)
  14. AirDoc - Verlag Andreas Klein (DE)
  15. Tankograd - Verlag Jochen Vollert (DE)
  16. MAKO Modellbau (DE)
  17. E.G. Modelbouw (BE)
  18. De Grenadiers (BE)
  19. Art-Toys Modelbouw (BE)
  20. LB Plans (FR)
  21. Broux Modelbouw (BE)
  22. De Kimpe Robert & Co G.C.V. (BE)
  23. RAI-RO Modellbauzubehör (DE)
  24. TAKE-0FF Model Shop (DE)
  25. L'ARSENAL (FR)
  26. Modelcenter Baillen (BE)
  27. LF Models (CZ)
  28. AML-Models (CZ)

Clubs :

  1. CKC Capitole Kit Club (FR)
  2. IPMS Charleroi (BE)
  3. Atelier Maréchal de Vauban (FR)
  4. Gais Lurons Maquettistes du Loiret (FR)
  5. SMAZ Modelbouwvereniging Zelzate (BE)
  6. MEYSMANS Guy AIRFIX (BE)
  7. Model Kit Static Boulonnais (FR)
  8. CLAM Cercle Lorrain des Amis du Maquettisme (BE)
  9. IPMS Leuven (BE)
  10. DAKOTA SABENA Modellers Club (BE)
  11. RMV (Roeselaarse Modelbouw Vereniging) (BE)
  12. IP '84(InteressengemeinschaftPlastikmodellbau 1984 (DE)
  13. IPMS Nederland (NL)
  14. V.M.W.H. (NL)
  15. IPMS Brussels (BE)
  16. Marc Lepage - Expo Airlines (BE)
  17. Amay Modèles Club (BE)
  18. Air Models Club (BE)
  19. IPMS Paris-Ile de France (PIF) (FR)
  20. MCW - IPMS Willebroek (BE)
  21. IPMS Roeselare (BE)
  22. Milton Keynes Scale Model Club (UK)
  23. IPMS Gent (BE)

Swap :

  1. MAITREJEAN Bernard
  2. BACHELLERIE Jean-Claude
  3. MEYSMANS Guy
  4. J. Vanderhaeghen
  5. Marc DEKEUSTER

For more info go to

where you can download the programme leaflet ('pdf' file) with all relevant Info (Dutch, French or English).

Opening hours: Saturday: 11h00 till 18h00, Sunday: 10h00 till 17h00. The admission fee is set at 2 Eur per person and per day. Admission is free for IPMS members (national branches !) and children under 12. On Saturday morning, from 9h30 till 11 h, access to the Oktoberhallen is «IPMS members only».

Greetings,

FilipFr

IPMS Belgium webmaster.

Reply to