After being refused exhibition space (Racial / Religious Discrimination) by the organisers Warners Group at The London Festival of Railway Modelling, Police Contacted

After being refused exhibition space (Racial / Religious Discrimination) by the organisers Warners Group at The London Festival of Railway Modelling, Police Contacted

from Howrah Station Railwayana to iainm @warnersgroup.co.uk date Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 12:34 AM

subject The London Festival of Railway Modelling 2010 in Alexandra Palace on March 27 and 28 2010

mailed-by googlemail.com

Dear Mr MacRae

I refer to our phone conversation on Friday about exhibiting at The London Festival of Railway Modelling 2010 in Alexandra Palace on March

27 and 28 2010. I want to exhibit a non-profit cause and your GBP 202.00 and vat tax approximately fees you quoted are too expensive and thus the only route is if Warners Group Publications the organisers of the show could consider a discount. You mentioned that other non- profit groups that will be exhibiting are getting discounts. For consideration and relevance, I mentioned to you that this project is for automating a spiritual ceremony.

The spiritual ceremony is related to Prabhupada (His Divine Grace) and founder of the Gaudiya Vaisnava movement who brings many thousands from the West to this Devotional Yoga path and is the living spiritual master initiating via the rail modelling system. This will be of diecast and based on the Calcutta's Howrah Station. The exhibition will allow the project to be told to others. I would be grateful if your manager can include this project and provide space for this project on the exhibition floor. I have done door-to-door flyers in December 2009 at a town of Bushey in Hertfordshire for this project. Gradually this project is starting, I hope you could allow this project as this is very relevant for the rail modelling world.

Regards.....

from Howrah Station Railwayana to johng @warnersgroup.co.uk, davidb @warnersgroup.co.uk, johne @warnersgroup.co.uk cc iainm @warnersgroup.co.uk, grettar @warnersgroup.co.uk, maxines @warnersgroup.co.uk

date Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 10:15 PM

subject Complaint (Iain MacRae & Managers) about being refused from exhibiting at The London Festival of Railway Modelling 2010 in Alexandra Palace on March 27 & 28 2010

mailed-by googlemail.com

FAO: J Greenwood, Publisher; D Brown, Managing Editor; J Emerson, Editor; Warners Group Publications, The Maltings, West Street, Bourne, Lincolnshire (GB)

Dear Mr Greenwood, Mr Brown & Mr Emerson

After having sent an email to Mr Iain MacRae (your employee) wishing to exhibit at The London Festival of Railway Modelling 2010 in Alexandra Palace on March 27 and 28 2010 as a non-profit, I was refused. The reason for being excluding by Mr MacRae when he had contacted his managers on his email is: =93We do not feel it has enough to do with the genre we are basing the show on.=94 This was said after I had said in an email requesting participation in: =93.....I hope you could allow this project as this is very relevant for the rail modelling world.=94 I said this because it relates to telling others about rail modelling (the =93genre=94) for a spiritual ceremony automation. I was not requested by anyone in your company to answer any relevancy questions.

Thus I cannot really see why if the presentation is related to rail modelling why I am being excluded from exhibiting at the show. The only difference is that my presentation on rail modelling is based on Howrah Station Calcutta has a spiritual practical purpose. For that reason alone, why should I be excluded for presenting about rail modelling based on Howrah Station Calcutta? I cannot understand why I am being stopped from my exhibiting at the show when I have bought rail modelling magazines, have verbally and in writing contacted others in the rail modelling field, have railway modelling literature from the public library, written publicly about rail modelling possibilities thus expanding it's field and have arranged websites, for example actual rail one that will in some way facilitate Howrah Station modelling:

I thus feel racially / religiously discriminated against and victimised by Mr Iain MacRae and the specific managers he contacted, who excluded my presentation. This I feel is illegal as it is religious / racial discrimination and victimisation. I wish to meet at the show with other railway modelling enthusiasts This attitude goes against rail modelling principles that are about inclusion and which you try and portray on your Collectors Gazette, Diecast Collector, British Railway Modelling, Ramsay's British Model Trains Catalogue and Model Railway Collector publications and also at rail modelling events, The Festival of British Railway Modelling, The London Festival of Railway Modelling and The National Festival of Railway Modelling.

Could you please allow my presentation at the The London Festival of Railway Modelling 2010 in Alexandra Palace on March 27 and 28 2010 ?

Please respond within next 24 hours via email.

Regards.....

from Howrah Station Railwayana to John Greenwood cc David Brown , John Emerson , Iain MacRae , Gretta Ryan , Maxine Shepherd , sallyd @warnersgroup.co.uk, stephenw @warnersgroup.co.uk date Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 11:54 PM

subject Re: Complaint (Iain MacRae & Managers) about being refused from exhibiting at The London Festival of Railway Modelling 2010 in Alexandra Palace on March 27 & 28 2010

mailed-by googlemail.com

I waited for a response and also phoned today only to be given negativity from John Emerson and Sally Dodds. Thus I have contacted the Police about racial / religious discrimination from Warners Group.

Regards.....

Reply to
Howrah Station Railwayana

Sorry, perhaps they had enough bell ringers.

Reply to
None

Ah, but there are always going to be people who believe deep in their hearts that *THEY* are being treated unfairly if they don't get everything they want, all evidence to the contrary.

Reply to
Twibil

Paranoia runs deep, into your heart it will creep. - Buffalo Springfield

Reply to
None

The post by Howrah Station Railwayana is a perfect example of how some people fail to realize an important point:

The right to free speech does NOT include the right to have a stage to exercise the right of free speech, nor does it include the right to have an audience to hear when one exercises their right to free speech.

The organizers of an event have the right to refuse an exhibitor that is not in keeping with the purpose of the event, AND they have the right to judge what is and what is not in keeping with that purpose.

Reply to
Calvin Henry-Cotnam